SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irissto

How do you handle deliveries these days?

I am ordering a lot of stuff. I am usually outside working in the yard when orders arrive. The UPS guy stops at the road and walks down the driveway, USPS guy (the regular one) comes down the driveway and parks where we turnaround. In “normal” times I go to meet them and they hand me the packages directly (it’s a long driveway). It works with these two regular ones to just put the package down when they see me and I get it. One of the FedEx people looked at me like I am crazy when I told him that my arms are too short to keep my distance, so to please just put it down. Yesterday a FedEx package was dropped of at my mailbox post, halfway hanging over the curb. Not sure if it was the same driver keeping a distance or somebody not wanting to carry down a 35 pound package with dog food. Today’s young Amazon driver (about the only one I have ever seen wearing a mask) said he appreciated me keeping my distance.

Christmas season is starting, so there will be a lot of holiday help delivering packages. How would you handle this? Obviously I am not wearing a mask working in my own yard. I don’t want to seem rude. Didn’t think that “Hi, you can just put it down. I will get it, ” would offend anybody, but it seems that it does.

Comments (29)