SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reese_w

Tiny black dots (fungus?) killing my peace lilies... Help!

Reese W
3 years ago

I bought a medium sized peace lily from Home Depot a few months ago for a friend but haven't been able to deliver it because of Covid (thankfully?). So, anyways, I noticed far too late that the undersides were getting yellow and dull and the edges on the top side of the leaves were having the same issue. At first, I saw a couple little bugs on it and assumed there was a pest infestation, so I did a watered down alcohol spray and wipe-down. Upon closer inspection, there's tiny miniscule little black dots absolutely covering almost every big leaf on the plant and found that the black dots would come off and some green pigment would too. What is it? Should I toss the whole thing?

On top of this, despite having moved the plant away from my others, I've found the beginnings of whatever infestation is on my much smaller peace lily. Can I save it? (I hope so, I love that plant a lot!)

Sorry for the long post, I want to be thorough. I've attached some photos. (Definitely washed my hands after taking these!) You can see things are getting much worse for medium-sized peace lily.

Comments (8)