SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countrygirl2323

Kitchen Layout Design Dilemma

countrygirl2323
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Miscommunication from both parties has led me to have to make a kitchen layout change late in the game. The first picture below is what the builder had planned for kitchen layout. However, I want double ovens and not a dual fuel range. Two things that are making the placement difficult is that we want a clear island countertop (no sink, no cooktop) and door interference from the pantry and other appliances. One option is to do two, single undercounter ovens (most likely in the island) and a 36” cooktop where the range was supposed to go. The second option (and one we are leaning towards) we can come up with is to place double wall ovens to the left of the pantry (like the second picture below) and then center a 36” cooktop on the remaining run of countertop space. We would buy wall ovens with side swinging doors and have the doors open in the opposite direction of the pantry door to avoid overlap. However, this only leaves 18” of countertop space on either side of the cooktop. Is this sufficient or will it feel too cramped? Anyone have pics of a similar setup in their home that they could share with me? Any other suggestions we haven’t considered?

Comments (18)