SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_952154306

Manufactured home Warranty

HU-952154306
3 years ago

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum. Thanks for allowing me to sign up. I'm looking for answers to my problem. I just recently purchased a brand new manufactured home straight from a lot 1 and a 1/2 months ago. The salesperson assured us upon our purchase that if anything structurally was wrong with the house, I had 1 year to file a warranty claim. When looking at the home, there was no power and display furniture blocked our view of the floor. So we went through the ordeal of getting finance and getting our first ever home purchase ready to bring home. On the way down our driveway, a tire blew out and the back end of the trailer slammed down. They also hit a big tree branch on the way in, damaging the interior sheetrock. After finally moving the manufactured home to our land, we discovered the floor was springy in one spot. We started inspecting the floor more. We discovered that parts of the floor were uneven and bowed up. They looked like humps that ran along joists, other than the springy part. The floor is extra squeaky, especially around the air vents. Around the air vents, the subfloor has a little bit of spring to it. We put a level on the humps, and the level will rock side to side. The master bedroom has such a high hump, that putting a top-heavy cabinet may be dangerous. We let the home retailer know and they told us that it would be taken care of. We then discovered brown water spots on our ceiling in one room. We immediately let them know and they came out and inspected. They told us everything was ok and there was no water damage and preceded to paint the water spots an off white color. We constantly asked them when the floor would be fixed over the next 4-5 weeks. They were also laying carpet for us, over the linoleum, so we wanted the subfloor to be fixed before laying the carpet. The manager assured me multiple times that the floor guy would be there in 2-3 days to fix the subfloor and carpet. Someone finally showed up with a carpet. I asked the man if he was also here to fix the subfloor, and he told me he was only there for the carpet. I told him I did not want the carpet laid down before the subfloor was fixed. He assured me the subfloor could be fixed underneath and that laying carpet would not hinder fixing the subfloor. I reluctantly agreed to allow him to lay the carpet but to make sure plenty of pictures were taken of the floor and lumps. He tried to downplay the lumps and floor. He took pictures and assured me that they would take care of me and the floor problem. Another week passed. I called the manager again. He told me that the manufacturer would actually have to fix it and his man could not. I told him that was fine and proceeded to call the manufacturer. The manufacturer told me he would have to submit a warranty ticket to fix the floor. I called the manager back and asked him to please submit the ticket. The manufacturer then let me know that he had submitted an email saying that floor was under the manufacturer's threshold, even though he never even took a real look at the floor. I called the manager back and tried to act like it was all up to the manufacturer, I then confronted him about what the manufacturer had said and tried to change his story. Terrible manager.

Sorry for the long read, but my question is what has caused these lumps? Shouldn't the manufacturer cover this? This is a brand new home and my first home buying experience. I have never been lied to and mislead so much in a transaction. None of this was told to me when purchasing the home that if the floor had humps in it, that they would not do anything about it. I sent pictures to the manufacturer to try and go over his head. Hopefully, they will do something. I would like to know if the humps may be a sign of something more serious. Any advice would help. Thanks for reading and answering.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21