SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Kitchen update update

mtnrdredux_gw
3 years ago

So my countertops are drying.

I bought a paint sample of Revere Pewter; but could they have mixed it wrong? it just looks like a pale gray, not at all like my pantry shelves. I have a spreadsheet of all the paints I've used and it says the pantry shelves are Revere Pewter, but they look much different.

I ordered these sconces from Shades of Light , and my confirm says it could take 14 days just to process the order (?!) The shape of the shade is not dissimilar from my milk glass pendant shades over the island and breakfast table. I don't know if i will decide they protrude too much; if so not sure at all what I'd choose. I have brass knobs on the stove and some aged brass hardware.

I also like the look of swing arm sconces, so I ordered those just to see, even though I was pretty sure I needed higher ceilings. I think that was borne out, as shown below, NOTE: I AM NOT GOING TO USE THE LIGHTS PICTURED BELOW, OR ANY LIGHTS THAT ARE ON ARMS and I AM NOT USING LIGHTS that ARE NOT HARDWIRED. This did give me a feel for what it will be like to have sconces, and I think i'm a thumbs up on adding sconces. Oddly, not because I am convinced my kitchen is too dark now (at least not when I put all the extant lights on) but because i like the added visual weight above the counters.

Two more questions --- I am thinking if I paint the island base RP, then maybe I would paint the window muntins RP. But, if I paint the window muntins RP, do I have to continue that with other trim, and with the doors to the DR, and all the way to the breakfast room windows? I don't want to do that.

Last, little question. I do like the idea of repeating the black of my Lacanche range somewhere.(thanks JT et al). I bought a new shiny black toaster. And while I don't want to repaint my white rangehood, I think I could buy a black clock and put it there? Any ideas? I like schoolhouse but I think I need a black face clock. Ideally round, and it has to be 12" or less in diameter to fit.

TIA!

Comments (22)