SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yhampton

LVF installed. Now, how should I fix the problem?

yhampton
3 years ago

I just had my floors installed. The floor looks nice except it dips and moves in some areas. High traffic areas! I researched for two years on the proper install for this type of flooring. My sub floor which is concrete was very uneven, especially in the high traffic area. I discussed with the hub and watched countless videos on the proper install: level the floor first! We hired a guy who insisted that an underlayment under the flooring will fix the problem. I disagreed d/t my research but my hub thought “good idea”. We will save time this way. Again I disagreed but didn’t win the argument. Now the floor is down and there are very noticeable dips when I walk in certain areas. The installer suggested that we only wear soft sole shoes or socks in the area (high traffic area!!!!). As if it’ll prevent the floor from eventually pulling apart or breaking. He does not feel he should get paid for the job and neither do I but he did put in a lot of hours. What is the best way to fix the areas that are messed up?

Comment