SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamomo

Need input on floor plan!

flamomo
3 years ago

We own a down sloping lot in the mountains and would like to build a summer home to be used mainly by myself and my husband. The lot faces N/NW. We have grown children and a few grandchildren who would visit as well. The 180 degree views are beautiful and we want to take full advantage of them.

This floor plan is the closest I've found that would fulfill our needs and, hopefully, our budget. https://www.houseplans.net/floorplans/95700012/traditional-plan-2860-square-feet-4-bedrooms-4-bathrooms I would want the following changes (I think pretty minimal changes) :

1. Keep the shape of the kitchen the same but tweak the layout. Not sure about the pantry in the corner and, after following discussions in the kitchen forum, try to change the layout to be more functional.
  2. Rework the master bath. I don't like going through the bathroom to get to the closet and I don't want a tub.
  3. Move the door to the master to the living area fireplace wall. More windows (or french doors - see 5) on the Master exterior wall.
  4. Master is quite large and we could definitely do smaller so maybe that along with eliminating tub I could move the laundry where the master closet is now. I would make the current laundry a bigger pantry???
  5. Pocket door from BR 2 to bath. Add window to front exterior - not sure how that would work with tub??? Would then need to add window to Master Bath front exterior as well.
  6. No screen porch - change to open deck. Depending on costs I would consider wrapping deck around Master and put french doors on exterior wall.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!