SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robyn9804

please give input floor plan

robyn9804
10 years ago

floorplan

Tell me your input seriously, thanks!
We have bought 50 +acres in country- no neighbors.
The best view is on a north facing slope- unfortunately.

ranch plan:
the view from home is facing north west- the rear of home faces woods- we will clear all pines so we can allow more light. Do you know how hard it is to find a floor plan that doesn't contain ALL the social parts of the home in the back??!

I desire a view from kitchen into both back and front. Husband wants WIDE open feel hence the open spaces in front. the kitchen is open to view front of home- it has 2 columns on raised bar and the rest is open.

My concern- I feel master closet space is big- husband likes - go figure right?!
I feel the living room may not be deep enough? I don't want to add on square feet yet could. When I visualize furniture in the space, it seems tight around the raised bar? Opinion- advice?
Husband LIKES the front entry where it is- if kept I will place some sort of bench or table�to right of door for entry�..thoughts? I thought of switching music area and front entry to make a more dedicated entry- husband doesn't want to cut any open feel�..
Kitchen seems like not enough upper cabinets- due to the peninsula and breaks in wall for hall (and I may try and make Pantry open into kitchen) but I am not sure what to do.
I really like the breakfast nook idea- but I don't know anymore- tired�..need help!

I am homeschooling 3 and my husband does a bit of work at home so the "sitting" room is his office. the "study" will be play/homeschool room/future in law room- we have 2 sets of aging parents�.we are thinking of roughing in the plumbing to the "study" and placing fixtures if need be�.

I cook EVERY meal from scratch due to multiple food allergies- so the pantry will help in that regard- to store mixes, and to decrease trips to the store��.hopefully��I would like to walk in the pantry FROM the kitchen but am

the music area will have a baby grand piano and we are planning on adding bookshelves�

anyway, there you have it- come beat me up�..somewhat nicely though?! :)

thanks

Comments (4)