SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seabeagle

Bay Area high-rise condo kitchen remodel, before and after

Esther Y
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share the final results of my 2-month-long kitchen remodel project (actually, I selected my contractors in March, but we weren't able to begin until August). I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area, California.

My team consisted of (PM me for their phone numbers):

Manuel - primarily speaks Spanish, if you don't speak Spanish, he can use Google Translate with you. He installed all my cabinets but he can do anything.

Joe - general contractor who did the rest of the work (demolition, tiles, appliance installation, countertops, repairs)

They both prefer to be texted first since they're often busy working so can't always pick up the phone, and voicemail is more likely to get lost or full.

I highly recommend both of them as they were high quality workers and didn't cut any corners. They offered a lot of advice and I learned a lot from them. Pricing was about mid-range out of everyone I interviewed (I had to interview like 25 people because some rejected working in a condo right off the bat). If anyone in the Bay Area is looking into doing a remodel, I am happy to share my experience and recommend adding them to your list of people to get a quote from!

Before:

After:

Cabinets: Laminated bamboo with satin finish (unknown supplier, was through the contractor)

Countertops: White quartz with small sparkly flecks (Stellar White from MSI in Hayward)

Tiles: Glossy white 4x16 subway tiles (unknown supplier)

Sink: Kraus (Amazon)

Microwave: LG - 2.2 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave - Stainless steel LMHM2237ST (Best Buy)

Oven range: GE Profile 5.3 cu .ft. Smart Slide-In Induction Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel PHS930SL4SS (Home Depot)

Refrigerator: LG Electronics 21.8 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel LFCS22520S (Home Depot)

Dishwasher: KitchenAid - 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless steel KDTE334GPS0 (Best Buy)

Ceiling Light: SYLVANIA Smart+ ZigBee Dimmable Edge-Lit Panel, controls temperature 2700-5000K (Amazon)

Strip Lights: Philips Hue (Woot)

Smart Switches: Leviton Smart Switch (Home Depot)

Comment (1)