SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nekotish

PSA about flu shots

nekotish
3 years ago

Let me begin by saying that it is totally a personal choice whether or not you get a flu shot. I have for the last 10 years (I'm 60) as has my husband. My daughters are an RN and a school teacher, so also get them. None of us have never felt the least bit unwell or even had a sore arm afterward. Until this year. I got a flu shot 10 days ago, around 11 in the morning. At about 6 that night, we were having an outdoor, socially distant visit with friends, standing on their patio outside. I started to feel very hot, even though it was quite a chilly day, and a bit light-headed. I moved about 10 feet to sit on a bench. Next thing I knew, I was slumped on my knees on the cement in front of the bench with a friend supporting me. I had fainted. From that point on that evening, I had terrible chills, body aches and a bad headache. Next morning I felt fine, except for a slight headache. Called my GP and she said it was most likely due to the shot, but if I felt worse again, to let her know or call 911. I noticed that my right foot was a bit tender and bruised and that my right shoe that I had been wearing was scuffed and dirty on the right hand side. Long story short, I went for an xray a couple of days later as the foot was still swollen and painful and found that I had broken two of the metatarsal bones in my foot. So long story (sorry) short, even if a flu shot has never affected you, be mindful of what you do for the 24 hours following. I am just thankful that I was not driving or home alone when I fainted.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!