SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anomoley

Powder Bath - Updating Help

anomoley
3 years ago

Hey Houzzers!

I feel like I'd gone through so many thoughts and ideas for this powder bath, that I'm finally drawing a blank altogether. This place has never misguided me, and we love our home too much to mess up any part of it... so hoping this at least gets my creative process re-started. :)

I'm attaching photos of said powder bath. The entrance to this room is right off the main hall, which leads directly into the kitchen and family room. We always leave the door open, because that pretty arched window adds a lot of light and overall looks beautiful from the hall/kitchen area (and the toilet is invisible from there). I'll attach a photo of how it all looks from the kitchen (and it's important that the design still works with the rest of the main level, since that door stays open).

I'm also going to attach photos of the kitchen and family rooms so that the feel of the first floor is understood. I'll also say that ours is a mostly traditional home, some transitional elements, some chinoiserie... we have a lot of very personal things here from our backgrounds, so some mixed styles. There isn't anything we're against, though my husband is adamant about not wanting a "grandma" look. :)

I love the look of wainscoting and was considering adding that (or maybe beadboard) in this bath.. but not sure if I should. The hallway and living rooms do have wainscoting, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas!

Comments (11)