Floof! I am nosey today...

amylou321

What is on your shopping list? I know more people are shopping less, but my shopping habits haven't really changed. I do our main shopping every two weeks or so. On my list right now:

Eggs

American cheese

Bread

Half and Half

Shampoo and Conditioner

Paper Towels

Rice

Bacon

Bird Seed

Atkins Shakes

Snacks for SO to take to work

Any kind of effective cleaning product I can find

All purpose flour

Parchment paper

Regular Tide Powder

Fabric Softener

Its about that time to hit the store again. I also have to get things that I no longer put on the list, because I get them every single trip:

Butter

My and SOs preferred drinks/bottled waters

Green tea bags

What's on your list?

SaveComment41Like
Comments (41)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

Only thing I can think of is eggnog. I have enough food if I can make myself fix it to last about 6 months. I did order cold meds because I discovered that the container states it expired in 2013 but I only have two capsules left.

Save     Thanked by amylou321
Elizabeth

I bought cold med the other day thinking that when cold and flu season hit it might be in short supply.

nicole___

sale items:

.49 cent wheat Chex cereal, limit 1

$2.47lb 80% lean ground beef

.99 cent wheat French bread

$1.99 gallon milk

$5.99 2lb Mozzarella cheese

.99 dozen eggs

Regular grocery items:

Organic flax blue chips

4 apples

4 bananas

lettuce

Baby carrots

12 Greek yogurts

Las Palmas green chili sauce

choc chips

croutons

tvq1

ginger

bok choi

mushrooms

red & orange bell pepper

Kale

broccoli

beets with greens

Nutritional yeast

wheat gluten

quinoa

extra firm tofu

almond milk

decaf tea bags

cinnamon sticks

cardamom pods

whole nutmeg

That's all!

1 Like Save     Thanked by amylou321
satine100

I just went last night and got peanut butter, guacamole, eggs, sliced cheddar, ground beef patties, hard rolls, oatmeal raisin cookies, sweet and spicy tea, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, broccoli, and cottage cheese.

georgysmom2

I just picked up an order today. The shopping list consisted of Italian sausage, ground chuck Canned Italian tomatoes, Tomato puree, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, lettuce, tomato and spaghetti. Made a great big pot of spaghetti sauce. Now I have to bag and freeze it.

morz8

Well, my Costco list so far has Kirkland K-cups med roast, Oxy Clean, Tide Original powder, Boursin cheese. All on special with the coupon book beginning 28th. I'll buy more there, including eggnog that they are stocking (two pack 1/2 gal for $7.59)

My whichever store I get to first has red wine vinegar, orange juice, cheddar cheese, cauliflower and green beans if they look good. Both looked really good last week at Chucks in Vancouver and I'm down to about two large servings green beans (tried sauteing them and got a thumbs up from DH so have been doing that)

wildchild2x2

Diet Dr. Pepper

KennsWoods

Comfort stuff, Bacardi Bahamamama and ice cream sandwiches.

kathyg_in_mi

Apples, bananas and Cheerios.

OutsidePlaying

Chicken thighs

lemons

basmati rice

sweet potato fries

avocados

carrots

celery

bananas

blueberries

yogurt

toilet paper

cambozola cheese (have to go to Fresh Market for this so will likely pick up something for dinner while there)

eld6161

I did a weekly shop so I bought the usual suspects: eggs, milk bread, wraps, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese cereal. I treated myself to Sugar Pops. Remember those?

Cold cuts., Ground beef and peppers for stuffed peppers which was for dinner tonight

Potato chips another staple! A box of sugar wafer cookies.

Apples, bananas, salad mix, coleslaw mix. I am going to make the coleslaw dressing on the back of the bag.

I bought celery seed, thinking I didn't have it. Turns out I had two at home. Dry mustard also goes into this dressing as well, so I needed that.

I still need scrubbing bubbles. They are MIA in all the stores!

Suzieque

It would be so different if I lived alone, but I lose my DH and an elderly relative. So, I must be ready for meals for them. Hamburger, round steak, pasta, soup fixings, chili making, roast chicken, Vegetables, etc. etc. etc. I am not complaining. I feel fortunate that I have others to care about

georgysmom2

eld, wish you were my neighbor. The other night when I was in the store, I knew I needed some kind of seed and brought home a jar of dill seed. Turned out had plenty of that. A day later I wanted to make some bread and butter pickles, got everything ready and lo and behold, it called for celery seed and that was the seed I needed but didn't buy. I quickly put in an order at Harris Teeter, got my celery seed and another $50.00 worth of stuff and made my pickles. Had you been my neighbor, I probably could have saved $50.00! :-)))

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
maifleur03

Keep telling yourself that georgysmom but everyone who has purchased from there or Penzeys knows better. I ordered four spices from Amazon because I knew I could stop at those four rather than going to my normal Penzey's.

Kathsgrdn

I put in an order at Walmart for delivery tomorrow:

rice (want to have summer squash from my garden and onions over rice tomorrow)

Fantastik (they have no 409)

Stouffer's spaghetti & meat sauce frozen meal

Marie Callender's Aged Cheddar & Chicken Rice Bowl frozen meal

Healthy Choice Pineapple Chicken

Worcestershire's sauce (for oyster casserole)

oysters

saltine crackers (for oyster casserole)

lettuce

swiffer pads

ice cream bars

hamburger buns

raisins (want to make some raisin bread soon)

Lactose free milk

apple pie filling to make a struesel one of these days

Mocha iced coffee

Stok barely sweet iced coffee

sliced deli ham (to make quick sandwiches for breakfast with the above hamburger buns)

Whole lot of unhealthy stuff, I see, but only have one day off tomorrow before a stretch of 4 in a row..so quick meals needed.

olychick

Wine

glenda_al

peanut butter plus Dukes mayonnaise

lisa_fla

I just did a big curbside pick up on Saturday. Starting a new list

tapioca- oops forgot to put that in my order! DD (27) loves the tapioca cream recipe on the box. I usually make it for her when she’s here. I emptied the box last week when she was here.

Coke Zero 12 pk- didn’t like Walmart’s price. It was on sale at Dollar General last week but 2 stores didnt have Coke Zero And blamed it on an aluminum shortage. . Unwilling to pay $5 at Walmart.

morz8

Lisa, I looked for tapioca for 3 weeks in about 4 different places before finding it at Fred Meyer in Vancouver last week. They had it, other brand than I usually buy....

Fun2BHere

Mostly fresh produce, but I thought I might pick up some baking supplies if I go to the regular grocery store. I never have much flour or sugar on hand, so I should probably buy a small bag of each so I can do some Christmas baking.

Cherryfizz

My Walmart order was picked up yesterday. I ordered pork sausages, pork chops, 2 450g medium ground beef, fresh whole chicken wings which we had for dinner tonight. For vegetables I ordered a cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, spring mix greens, 2 pomegranates, 2 green peppers, 6 sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, 4 zucchinis, English cucumber, 4 limes, 8 bananas. Chapmans Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream, feta cheese, Black Diamond old cheddar cheese, Cheez Whiz (yuck), Hint of Lime Tostitos, 2 tins Aylmer whole tomatoes, 2 tins Aylmer plum tomatoes, Yucatan Guacamole, 1 tin creamed corn (haven't had it since I was a child), bread, Root beer - I ordered a box of 12 tins, they substituted 3-2 litre bottles, small carton of half and half for soup I will be making and for coffee if anyone wants to use it. No Yolk extra wide noodles, Gay Lea sour cream. Order total was $176.85 which I thought was a lot because same items would be much cheaper at the discount grocery store where I would normally shop if I didn't need to order online. I still need to get chicken breasts that are on sale at another store. This should last us a few weeks or more but will need more bread, milk and butter as we run out. My niece sent over 2 cartons of pretty colourful eggs from her chickens. I picked up 20 pounds of Empire apples and 20 pounds of Honey Crisp apples and 2 squashes from fruit stands last weekend. Oops I just remembered a tin of pumpkin for a recipe and E D Smith cherry pie filling to use on toast (yum), bottle of maple syrup

Lars

Kevin already shopped yesterday, and so the only things left to get are rye flour and onions. Of course, fish is always on the list, in case we find something, but it isn't for certain unless we go to Bristol Farms or Gelson's. We also always look for sushi.

aok27502

I want to eat at tvq1's house!

hallngarden

We call kids car the grocery wagon. We are very well stocked. In the next week we will need bananas,strawberries, blueberries and pineapple. Always make sure we have peanut butter in the house. Have lots of dried beans in pantry. Jacobs Cattle Beans are a favorite. Freezer is full of chicken, fish and shrimp.

rob333 (zone 7a)

Nothing! I'm up to date.

Give me a month, when my child comes home from University. Then, I'll have to buy the entire store

Mystical Manns

Just went to the store Saturday, the only thing missing was my favorite bread. I don't eat a lot of bread, but when they have this particular cottage bread, I splurge.

pudgeder

I'm picking up an order this afternoon:

Yogurt

TP

Plastic wrap

Aluminum foil

bananas

Grapes

Green beens

corn muffin mix

chicken

Bottled water

and I can't remember what else...

OH Yes! Scrubbing bubbles!

blfenton

I shopped on Friday so nothing yet.

But bananas and green apples are always first on the list.

LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

TP

Beer

TP

Crown Royal

TP

Potato Chips

TP

Candy

TP

Beer

TP

Bread

TP

Bologna

8 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
rob333 (zone 7a)

I sense a theme there Lone ;)

petalique

Q: off topic a bit, but how long do rice stick noodles last?

I’ve got to make a habit of writing the purchase date on things.

Lone, too funny.

chisue

Morz8's post reminds me to make my Costco list (including specials* starting 10/28):

*Salonpas lidocaine patches $3.50 off Limit 5

*Toblerone chocolate $2.50 off Limit 6

*Co-Q-10 Liquid $8 off -- Anyone use this? I choke on the big CVS capsules.

*32 Degrees pants 2/$11.99 (maybe)

*Puma mens pants and shirts $5 off (maybe; have run 'baggy'.)

Kleenex (large and small sizes)

Vinegar

Quaker Brown Sugar Squares cereal

Morning Summit cereal

Walker's Shortbread Cookies (Tins only available before Christmas.)

OJ

KerryGold Irish Butter

Milk

Steak

Lamb Chops

Kentucky Ham to slice

Fruit

Jack Daniel's

CeraVe cream (if on sale)

A CVS ad yesterday reminded me to stock some anesthetic throat spray. A lifesaver at 2 a.m.

Kathsgrdn

My order came, first time it hasn't come early. They usually come ten minutes or more before my scheduled delivery time. This time it was about 7 minutes after the first hour, which is better since I sometimes wake up right before I scheduled a delivery and it's annoying to be woken up. No hamburger buns or Fantastik available and I guess no substitutes either. I guess I'll bake some bread so I can use the lettuce and ham I bought for sandwiches.

Fun2BHere

@petalique Rice noodles should last for 3 - 5 years, but I've never had any go bad.

petalique

Thanks, fun2BHere. I once went to use some unopened rice rounds and they tasted old.

arkansas girl

Lone Jack, you forgot the paper towels! :)

marilyn_c

Paper towels

Yogurt for my possum

Cat food

Cat litter

Dog food

Dr Pepper or Cherry Coke

Bacon

Eggs

Fresh fruit and vegetables

Not much else.....we are stocked up on food.

From the feed store:

Safe Choice Senior

Alfalfa cubes

maifleur03

Rice rounds go bad/develop an off taste and smell because of the stuff used to hold them together. Most rice sticks are simply a noodle with very little binder. They may take longer to cook when old but would beyond the mental ugh last your lifetime as long as they are not wet or buggy. Or is it buggie

petalique

Thanks, maifleur. I think I once spotted a section of insect embedded in a rice round. I tossed the package, even though that was probably the tip of the iceberg wrt what gets into a lot of processed or cottage industry foods.

I wish I still had the link for the video of a home industry in Chinatown (US city) where massive amounts of mung bean sprouts were being processed from hard bean to packaged beautiful white sprouts. Long while ago, but IIRC at rather dirty kitchen floor and feet were involved. The sprout product looked great — much nicer that any I’ve manage to put forth.

petalique

Oh, maifleur, I quickly perused a recent post (forgot where) in which you spoke of buying vegetable seeds or collecting seeds from purchased squashes.

I’ve done that and had good luck. Apparently a lot of butternut squash in ‘Waltham’ or close. A few years ago a lot of the common cukes were ‘Marketmore’. I planted a lot of the butternut collected seeds and got a decent return considering the patch was in a scrappy part of the garden and woodchucks kept raiding it.

I found that even some old seeds will germinate.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
Feel-Good Home The Pros and Cons of Making Your Bed Every Day
Houzz readers around the world share their preferences, while sleep and housekeeping experts weigh in with advice
Full Story
Life The Polite House: On Dogs at House Parties and Working With Relatives
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives advice on having dogs at parties and handling a family member’s offer to help with projects
Full Story