SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kl23

Tiffany lighting in neo-colonial tract house

kl23
3 years ago

I love Tiffany lights and panels. I don't care whether or not they are popular at the moment. But I do care about whether or not they will clash with my neo-colonial home, which is what we could afford when we moved here, and now we are just settled here. I assume I can use them in bedrooms and hallways upstairs, and perhaps other rooms downstairs, but am afraid to use them in the living room and dining room, which are the first things seen when one enters our home. My instincts tell me I should use more traditional lighting in these two rooms. I also am assuming I should use a bronze metal in the lights in these rooms to help transition to the rooms where I hope to use Tiffany style lighting. Bronze also would go with the chocolate, cocoa, and cream exterior and windows. I intend to use these exterior colors indoors downstairs too...dark walnut flooring in living room and dark chocolate porcelain tiles in entry hall and kitchen, with light cocoa cream walls and white trim and colonades. There are antique brass fixtures on windows and ceiling fans.

Questions: Are my instincts correct? Should I refrain from using Tiffany lights in the living room and dining room? What kind of chandelier should I use over my dining room table? What kinds of wall sconces and table lamps should I use in my living room?

I know some of you will say you can't help without photos, but any photo of my current interior would prejudice the situation, because it's all going. I need more general advice at this point.

I can tell you that I also like delftware, Oriental rugs, and even crystal chandeliers. And I intend to use blue-green, evergreen, blue, purple, and red as accent colors with the chocolate hue as my neutral...that may be enough for some of you. The exterior accent is your typical dull red shutters and door.

Comments (6)