SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alanalinette

Convert 2 bays to single bay?

3 years ago

I tried searching for a similar topic but couldn’t find any so forgive me if another thread exists on the forum. We have two TINY garage doors that annoy me to no end. I don’t have exact measurements but they’re barely wide enough to get a sedan in/out with less than a couple of inches on either side, with side mirrors folded. Our house is spacious but we have a small garage without enough space for a freezer, a hundred strollers, bikes or our tools etc so we only park 1 car inside. I’d love to be able to convert these two doors into a large single door so I could park easily in the middle of the garage and get my kids in/out indoors. We have plans to build a garage with apt in the future (many homes in our neighborhood have 3 car garages) and I wondered if we could take that opportunity to also convert the existing garage doors into a single door. I’m asking this group if such a thing can be done reasonably or would it be cost prohibitive? I am willing to pay for this expense since we would benefit from it literally every time we leave the house but to a reasonable extent. Thanks very much.

Comments (6)