SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_zdulska

Choosing Couch and Rug Colors for Edgecomb Gray Living Room

Anna Zdulska
3 years ago

My fiancé and I just moved into our first home. We painted our open floor living room Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray (see first picture) and trims are White Dove. I have 0 regrets about this and truly love how the paint turned out.

Now we need to furnish it and we don’t know where to start. We have 0 furniture as of now except our old cheap couch and rug from our apartment that we want to get rid of. We want a sectional couch and rug that truly work with this paint color. I feel like all the pictures I see of Edgecomb gray living rooms have white or muted furniture with sharp accents. I know a white leather sectional would look beautiful here but I’m worried about white leather getting ruined, especially because we have a dog and this room has an opening into the backyard. I’m thinking that this cognac color (second picture) as a leather sectional might be a safer bet but I saw a video that said too many earthy colors may no go well with Edgecomb gray.

What furniture colors look best with Edgecomb gray? Would cognac still work in room or would everything appear too “warm”? If not, what are some other color couches that might look nice here or should we just bite the bullet and get white or cream?

Comments (18)