So am I weird or what?

ediej1209 AL Zn 7

I have gotten to the point where I prefer cucumber slices to junk food. Anyone else?

SaveComment16Like3
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seagrass_gw Somewhere

Cucumber slices, celery sticks, carrot sticks, jicama - I don't like salty processed stuff but I still need a creamy dip so I make tzatziki.

1 Like Save     Thanked by ediej1209 AL Zn 7
blubird

Had celery sticks for snack today. No dip.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by ediej1209 AL Zn 7
CA Kate z9

I like to scoop fresh veggies in a locally made green chickpea Hummus. This is made with green - not dried - chickpeas, and I love the flavor.

lindac92

I love salted peanuts,,, sesame snacks, corn chips with salsa and bean dip....
Celery is fine....but I love the junk food too.

amylou321

I am not a snacker really. Every once in a while ill sneak some cheese puffs. But when I am being good and must snack, I like cucumber slices. Of course, I must dunk them in ranch to eat them so they are half good half junk. Better than cheese puffs though right? 🤷‍♀️

I cannot eat celery. To me it tastes like wet dog smell when cooked and dirt when raw. Ick.

plllog

You're not weird! You're just late to the party. :) Spears are good as well. I used to have them for school snacks. :)

laceyvail 6A, WV

Not weird. Just healthy.

artemis_ma

Love cucumber slices and spears. A dip for them is not essential.

I like celery spears, and bell pepper slivers. For the celery I prefer the whitest sections. Dips I enjoy: hummus, bleu cheese, clam dip, various spinach and/or artichokes dips... and I dislike ranch.

Of the other standard dipping veggies... I really can't stand carrots, which have to be well cooked and preferably hidden somewhat in another dish.

Broccoli and cauliflower need dips, but are otherwise good.

I still have a weakness for potato chips- and NOT the healthier baked ones. These don't require dips.

Corn chips are great with various salsas and bean dips.

As for most junk food candies and store bought cookies, I don't like them, and many of them sit unpleasantly on my stomach after I eat them.

ediej1209 AL Zn 7

Nothing seems to taste like it used to. A few months ago I bought a package of Oreos. They were horrible. Cheese puffs - couldn't taste any cheese. So glad to hear I am not the only one!

Save    
Lars

I like to slice cucumbers very thinly, using a mandoline, and then I add a bit of salt and dill. I guess the salt is not so good.

I also like kimchee as a snack, whether I make it myself or buy it. I also buy quite a few Japanese pickles for snacks.

I love celery and go through a lot of that - carrots not so much.

I buy corn chips to have with bean dip that I make myself.

ediej1209 AL Zn 7

I do like celery too. But I am guilty of stuffing it with peanut butter.

Save    
Lala

I like cucumber dipped in Ranch dressing.

nancyjane_gardener

I like to dip my veges. I make a pesto and a guac hummus (separately) so it's yummy and healthy!

Save    
annie1992

Nope, not weird. People like what they like.

I like vegetables but generally don't care for dip, although I'll eat hummus. I don't really even care for salsa, although I can plenty of it for the rest of the family. Raw vegetables are pretty much limited to carrots, celery, sweet peppers, snow peas. All others must be cooked.

I'll occasionally eat Fritos, but normally snacking is more along the lines of celery with peanut butter, crackers with peanut butter, a spoon with some peanut butter. I'm detecting a pattern here, LOL, I do like peanut butter. Right now I'm snacking on some Frosted Mini Wheats, dry. Sometimes I have popcorn.

Annie

Save    
plllog

Wow! Annie, I see now, although you hate slime, you're okay with paste. :) I like slime (of the jell-o variety) better than paste. :) I don't mind dips, and I can't do raw cauliflower without some kind of dip or dressing (also a texture thing!), but not for cucumbers or celery. They're naturally salty and wet. Or, I could use celery to convey guacamole, but that's more about the guacamole than the celery. :)

Edie, I think we're all weird. ;)

Save    
bragu_DSM 5

celery and peanut butter, baby carrots, grapes and the like ... when I remember to 'be good'

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Pets So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story