SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riley_hanks

Interior paint color choice dilemma

3 years ago

Hello !

I am painting my downstairs Living Room/Dining Room/ Foyer/Hallway/Kitchen and Family Room. I started in the Dining Room and Living Room and decided on Sherwin Williams #7688 Sundew for the Living Room walls and Dining Room (below chair rail) and Sherwin Williams extra white for the ceilings. After my painter did below the chair rail in the dining room, I liked the soft muted yellow tones. He then painted the living room walls and I feel it is too yellow (perhaps because the living room window is south facing and gets a lot of sunlight whereas the dining room does not). I have not moved any furniture back into the living room because I don't know if I want to keep the Sundew color. I wanted to continue the same color into the Foyer and down the hall towards the open Kitchen/Family room but I am afraid it might be a bit too much.

Can anyone recommend a neutral color that would go with Sundew for the Foyer down the hall and into the Kitchen and Family room? I have a lot of stained woodwork and cherry cabinets in the kitchen. I currently have Sherwin Williams Navajo White in the Kitchen/Family Room so I was looking to change that to another neutral color. The picture window in the family room faces north.

Thank you !!!

Comments (6)