SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Have you ever (or did you want to)?

Olychick
3 years ago

The question about what was in our 2nd kitchen drawer reminded me of staying at an airbnb recently - it had a gorgeous, huge chef's kitchen, but the way it was arranged, equipment and utensil-wise, drove me batty. On the short run of cabinets between the kitchen and dining room, there was a large drawer that had an assortment of cooking implements/utensils and on either side of it were smaller drawers that both contained eating flatware. Lots of it, a couple of different patterns but it wasn't separated by pattern. If I remember, one of the drawers had all the table knives, so you had to open both drawers to set the table or put the silverware away from the dishwasher.

I was SO tempted to rearrange the drawers and put all the eating utensils together in the larger drawer and arrange the cooking utensils in some order that made sense for each smaller drawer. Have you ever done that, or wanted to? I'm not sure why I didn't. The owner doesn't live there and the hired help probably wouldn't notice, but every tenant after me would have had a more usable space. No one would have known it was me, I suspect, if they even cared. There were lots of cupboards that could have been organized, but I figure people just didn't put things back where they should have and it wasn't how I wanted to spend my vacation time, although it would have been satisfying. But the flatware was obviously a conscious arrangement.

If I ever stay there again, and I might, I think I'll move things, lol.

Comments (22)