SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647158876

Kitchen : help to disguise or create a feature of the stair bulkhead

HU-647158876
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello,

I need some help and advice in order to find a way of disguising or to feature the stair bulkhead that I have in my home.

I moved in February and I'm at the stage were the calculations have been done in order to knock the connecting wall through between the lounge and the kitchen (to make it open plan) and opening up the external wall to create an indoor/outdoor area in the kitchen.

I have uploaded two photos of my current kitchen with the bulkhead above the fridge freezer and also included the images from the IKEA design tool for how I would like my kitchen design to be.

Please bear in mind that for now I've not included the stair bulkhead in the IKEA images, definitely wishful thinking, the bulkhead would be above the red sofa beside the sliding patio doors.

I've thought about a triangular boxing in of the area that tapers into the corner by the window and adding spotlights overhead above the red sofa.

The dimensions of the stair bulkhead are 100cm (L) x 96cm (W) x 40cm (D), I do believe that the area is "over boxed" and could be reduced to smaller dimensions.

What do you think I should do to solve this issue and to make my kitchen ceiling and design as sleek and minimal as I can?

Thank you (apologies for the clutter, I have no proper storage at the moment)

Comments (2)