SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - W 9/23

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

Today, show me a scar or body part...nothing obscene!

We'll finish the week with an article of clothing and then something musical.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (21)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Scar on my leg from surgery...had a tumor removed in February. It's in a great location for a tat, so the only question is if, by next year it'll still be so ugly that I'll want to cover it with a tat or if it will be faded enough by then to not matter.

If I go with a tat, then the big question becomes, what would I want on there that I'll be sure to enjoy the rest of my life. That's the tough one.

Decisions...decisions...

• User
    3 years ago

I’ve always fancied getting a tat too Annie. Maybe once this has healed I’ll have a good reason to get one. Not sure if I’d be able to overcome my aversion to needles though.

I’ve got some serious metalwork underneath this and my hand is still puffy, sore, and very irritatingly, not moving much.

• arcy_gw
    3 years ago

#2DD--Chicken pox on a 6mos child. The vaccine was less than a year old but she was too young anyway...the three in the center of her chest left scars.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have 2 of these, one on each knee. Sorry the photo is so big but that’s the problem with selfies when you have short arms.

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

Our fur baby, Bingo, had surgery yesterday on a mass that developed on top of his head. Won’t get results of what we’re dealing with until next week. If you could send positive vibes his way, we’d appreciate it.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yikes Arcy, she must have been miserable! I had chicken pox all over like that as well but only one scar remained, but I was IIRC around 4.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Get well soon Bingo!!

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

After eye lid lift surgery

• donna_loomis
    3 years ago

DH had back surgery a couple of years ago.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Scars from ACL reconstruction. The one in the right was in 1991; the one on the left was in 2012,. Both torn while skiing, and both are doing just fine although I have a bit of limited flexion in the left. Different surgeons and different techniques.

• Adella Bedella
    3 years ago

We did a campus tour of Texas State a couple of years ago. This is one of their hand gestures. It's the shape of Texas.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This popped up today in my facebook feed and it's so appropriate to today's theme that I'll flout my own guidelines for it:

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Annie, as we know that is not a coincidence!

My scar is the result of a BBQ lid. But this right arm has a few smaller ones, all cooking related.

I do think it’s the scars we cannot show that are the hardest.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Ouch! A lot of pain in these pictures. I’m pulling for you Bingo!

• OklaMoni
    3 years ago

had a ganglion cyst removed last year

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Here’s a scar on my hand at the base of my thumb where I fell while out for a walk. I kind of spun to the side and hit my hand on an old stone wall. I went to the ER for stitches and it took them awhile to get all the bits of stone out of the wound.

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Some of you have doozies! I feel bad for the baby with chicken pox. I had them when I was six. No fun. Hope Bingo heals well.

• Lars
    3 years ago

My neck after parathyroidectomy in 2012. No scar is visible today, however. I'm standing in front a curtain That I made with fabric that I sewed together and then painted back in the 1990s for some friends. They gave this back to me when they moved, and so it is a bit long for this window. I have since replaced this with new velvet drapes that I made, but I still have it.

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I'm not going to "like" these ... it just seems wrong when so many involve pain! I have some shockers from a couple years ago when I reacted badly to a steriod shot. I got what is called "red sleeves" ... basically my whole body looked badly sunburned except for the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. By the time I finally got in to see my new dermatologist, I was red and cracked and. peeling. all. over. Very gross, and painful. Thankfully the new derm knew what to do and I healed quickly and have stayed good ever since. But I keep those pic's to remind myself how close I came to hospitalization. *shudder*

So here's a family picture. My mom has the wry, 'let's get on with it' expression, my aunt is showing us her owie, a finger that was pinched in a door. Cuter, huh?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

jrb, that doesn't look like fun!

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Yeah, I didn’t ‘like’ any of these pics either. It’s no fun having surgery or any of these other things that cause pain or suffering. But I do sympathize with every one of you brave enough to post or discuss.