SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

What are you looking forward to this winter?

Alisande
3 years ago

I always dread winter, and in addition to all my usual reasons, this year we have the pandemic-related reasons. Ugh. My dad once said we all need something to look forward to, and he was right. So I've been thinking up things I can enjoy this winter.

I recently treated myself to a couple of new cookbooks because I look forward to trying some new dishes I haven't cooked before. This is how I used to cook routinely, but it won't be as easy now because I've had to eliminate so many things from my diet. Still, it'll be fun to be creative in the kitchen. Included in this is my plan to become more proficient with my Instant Pot.

I look forward to finishing the online watercolor course I began a couple of months ago, and starting the different one I've already signed up for. The first one has been such a good thing for me in my isolation.

And I look forward to getting back to the piano and seeing if I can restore at least some of my singing voice. It deteriorated badly over the past year, and I suspect it has something to do with post nasal drip or some other age-related physical change. Also, I know it hasn't helped that I hardly ever sing anymore. I remind myself that my grandmother sang beautifully into her 80s. My speaking voice is still good--knock wood!

So . . . what do you have planned for yourself?

Comments (56)