SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
humblehart1213

Finishing Touches for walk-in closet

Kelly Hart
3 years ago

Thanks to Ikea, I have converted a small bedroom into a walk-in closet. I am 80% done (still need a few components and baskets) but now I am struggling with finishing touches so I need suggestions. I have a chandelier that hasn’t been installed yet (you can see in attached photo). I have no idea what to do with window treatments. I was thinking a floor to ceiling faux silk light grey drape and then use the same color for the ceiling and vanity inset area. I was also thinking about a patterned removable wallpaper for the backs of the closet units. I was also thinking a sheepskin rug for the floor. The vanity top is going back to ikea because it is too small so I will need something else. I also don’t know about lighting inside the vanity. The chair is also not staying, so I will need to buy a new chair. I need to finalize these items before I call an electrician in or it could be costly mistakes. What you would think would be the exciting and fun part of this project is actually pretty stressful. The predominate color in this house is light grey and I thought about using a pale pink but it looked too juvenile, so that is why I am thinking pale grey. In terms of my style, I am a huge fan of Restoration Hardware. Any suggestions?

Comments (2)