SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_lane3799

Please help me understand? Ben Moore Paint to match SW and Edco?

Andrea Lane
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I know this has probably been discussed a million times. We have chosen a SW paint called Riverway (darker blue-green color, LRV 17), however, my painter generally prefers Ben Moore, Aura, but will work with SW as well. I bought a gallon of SW Emerald Satin a while ago when we thought we were painting ourselves. It was pricey, but thick and seems to go on well. Anyway, I told him I'd try a color match with the BM Aura as he seemed confident about the tinters in our area. So bought a gallon of Aura, Low-lustre. Can was FULL to the brim, and bubbling? The colors are REALLY close between the Emerald and matched Aura. (The funny (scary) thing is, even out of the SW store with the same paint color mixed in different lines ie. Duration, the colors still don't quite match each other.....).

I guess my question is, is Emerald on-par with Aura? What are main differences I should consider? UV protection? Why would I go with Aura vs the paint company that makes the color. The color match is similar enough I could live with it for sure.

I ALSO had a color match done on Edco Soffit: Hirschfields custom mixed a color in Aura. Alternatively, SW has a paint called Nacre which is almost a dead-ringer for the soffit color (Antique Parchment). Is it smarter to go with a paint match or on actual paint color?

Thank you for reading!! - Andrea

Comment (1)