I'll show you mine/you show me yours - T 9/15

Annie Deighnaugh

This week we'll do one of the oldest things in your home, and then one of the newest. Then something you love in your house, something you dislike and finally, if you dare, show me something guests never see in your house such as inside a closet, the fridge, the basement, a drawer, etc.

So today, show me one of the newest things in your home.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

SaveComment21Like
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I've posted this in home decor, but it may be new for some of you here. I just had a wall done in my bedroom with an historic William Morris wallpaper. I really liked the paper, but now that it's up on the wall, I love it. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

23 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

New fireplace door. Good by shiny brass!!!

17 Likes Save    
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

From Bora Bora last autumn. Looks like a regular shell - right!

This is the other side. I have zero idea how the artist created this. The missus was really drawn to this.

18 Likes Save    
lgmd_gaz

It has been a long time since I last bought anything new other than clothes and food. Oh, and jigsaw puzzles of course. This book was the last purchase just for my pleasure. 773 pages and so heavy that I can't pick it up. The frog is another more recent buy. A box type. It holds paperclips

20 Likes Save    
maire_cate

lgmd - that's a perfect purchase for you. I'm always amazed at the variety of insects you photograph in your garden. I've shown DH some of the photos of your bird feeders and suggested that I could use a few more in my yard for my birthday.

This is a lamp DH purchased for the guest room.

25 Likes Save    
maddiemo

And I was doing so well until I broke my wrist recently catching a spider. The plaster comes off on Thursday though, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to start using it again ASAP.

19 Likes Save    
Jasdip

You've seen this, as I posted my dilemma. But a couple of months ago, I bought 2 beautiful buffet lights at a thrift store. One was missing the harp and finial. After much scouring and some mistakes I found a harp. I bought matching shades at Value Village

An online FB friend sent me a pic of some finials that she had and I could choose what I wanted and she'd send them to me. I had the one lamp sitting on the wire stand, and on a walk there were a bunch of tiles outside of a home so I grabbed some.

Everything looks perfect, and I just adore these lamps.

18 Likes Save    
nicole___

Fabric storage boxes for the top of my walk-in closet. Dollar Tree $1ea, in case anyone else needs cute....cheap....storage. Now ALL I need is one of those sliding ladders.....because they're too high to reach. ☺☺

Jim....the octopus carved shell is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

18 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

We saw so many beautiful art and crafts pieces on a trip to Asheville NC last fall, but our house is so small we have to resist unless we know exactly where we'll display a new item. I saw this simple piece and said: the ledge in our downstairs powder room :-) DD added the Christmas ribbons and glass door knob, because crows like shiny items.

23 Likes Save    
dedtired

My last purchase. So far I find it kind of annoying.

20 Likes Save    
Lars

Pillows I made for the patio. I have moved a couple of the spotted pillows inside and have ordered more of this fabric, as I like it a lot. We're getting a new sofa next week, and it will need new pillows.

22 Likes Save    
jrb451

A composite photo of 4 yet to be named hybridized Daylily seedlings blooming this morning.

20 Likes Save    
donna_loomis

Not fun or pretty, but necessary.

23 Likes Save    
pegasus101

Haven't even opened box yet.

20 Likes Save    
jrb451

donna_loomis, when we moved into our current home in 2004 I found a receipt for a new water heater and install dated 12/24/98. I though what a bad time to shop for a replacement. I replaced that one in 2014 rather than wait for it to fail.

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Nothing fun new....but Donna's could be my pic, too. Had to replace mine, as

it was starting to have a small leak at the bottom.

Sigh.

2 Likes Save    
sealavender

I have other "Faberge Egg" ornaments for my tree, so when I saw these, I had to have them. They weren't expensive.

18 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

Not terribly exciting, but I bought a 5.5 quart Lodge Dutch oven a couple of weeks ago. For some reason I seem to only have a larger or smaller Dutch oven, and this was just right for a good price.

13 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Not in my house but close:

I was wanting another dragonfly, or maybe a honeybee but couldn't find anything so I got an acorn since I have two massive oak trees in my yard and now real acorns everywhere.

12 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

I got this cool plant recently. It's a ginseng ficus. I have so many houseplants. Whenever I see something unique like this, I have to have it. I'm going to need a bigger house pretty soon. :)

7 Likes Save    
nhbaskets

My DH is a very happy camper after this got delivered last week.

9 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Mother’s Day Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story
Bathroom Design Trending Now: 15 Powder Rooms That Steal the Show
The most popular new powder room photos on Houzz offer plenty of ideas for this petite space. Which is your favorite?
Full Story