SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - T 3/15/22

Annie Deighnaugh
2 years ago

Inspired by today being Pi day, let's do some math this week...

M - Circumference

T - Addition or counting

W - Square

Th - Linear

F - Cone or other shape

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (27)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Don't know what it is, but every time I see a train, I'm compelled to count the cars....this taken in Idaho.

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

Memorial at Pearl Harbor: EVERY life COUNTS.

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock rock

Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock rock

Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock

We're gonna rock around the clock tonight

• lgmd_gaz
    2 years ago

Always looking for that elusive four leafed one.

• jrb451
    2 years ago

New water meter, counting the gallons.

• heatheron40
    2 years ago

How many tails do you see? Can you count them? Haha! Can you tell I teach Elementary school?

• nhbaskets
    2 years ago

Calculating race results to .001

• webuser 121735116
    2 years ago

An additional rainbow

• User
    2 years ago

9090 piece, who’s counting?, LEGO Titanic

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Countless guillemots, Farne Islands N E England.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

So many carpet colors i can hardly count them all. (25)

• Lars
    2 years ago

Thermostat, Jan 31, 2019 at 9:30 AM - cold morning - need heat to be added.

• eld6161
    2 years ago

Counting laps

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Lars, that's not cold....we're hoping the temps will heat up to that today!

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Counting stars

• jrb451
    2 years ago

“Lars, that's not cold....we're hoping the temps will heat up to that today!”

I thought that as well, Annie. That’s our high setting during the day in winter.

• User
    2 years ago

nicole, that is a beautiful picture.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

@User...Thank you! See that red line in the lower right hand corner? That's a plane! 🥰 I listen for them before I take the timed shot...and try to wait for them to pass.....

• woodrose
    2 years ago

59 degrees isn't cold to me either. That's the outside temp here now, and it's 12:22 pm.

• User
    2 years ago

It’s 30 F. outside right now and this is the warmest day we’ve had in weeks.

🙂 I guess it’s all relative.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Nicole, do you have a professional camera? What kind? I want one! :-) You have tons of amazing photos!

• nicole___
    2 years ago

@summersrhythm_z6a.....Thank you! 🥰

I used a wide angle lens by Tokina & a Nikon camera body. PM me if you need to know which camera body to buy. Then you find a dark sky, no city lights, they have charts, & drive to the location after the moon sets. Then the chart will also show you what part of the Milky Way is visible in your hemisphere on a given date & time. Your house may be in a dark sky area....?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

When many ingredients add up to something so delicious.

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Life sure is a matter of perspective. 49° is a cold morning? Here it is 47° and I am so happy it is warm ! We recently had a cold morning. -18°. Now that is cold, I don't care who you are!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Thanks Nicole! I only have a cheapy $400 Canon camera I bought years ago. :-) One of my friends just paid over $7,000 for a professional camera for her son. For now I might just find wide angle lens for my Canon. Thanks though. A good camera is on my list, but it's not in the near future. My property only has 10 acres. I have many neighbors, including a subdivision nearby. It's not in the dark sky area.

• Lars
    2 years ago

What I said was that 59°F is a cold morning, but I had set the thermostat to 68°F for the morning, and when I got up at 9:30 AM, I had to change the thermostat to a temporary hold of 71°F. which is the temperature that I prefer.

I have always felt cold at temperatures below 60°F, and so when I lived in San Francisco, I always had to dress in many layers, and after two years of living there, I spend all of my winters in Mexico.

I really do not like having to dress in multiple layers, unless they are especially attractive layers, but I did like dressing for extreme cold when I was growing up in Texas. I had a large collection of sweaters when I was growing up, but my older sister kept stealing them from my closet without asking (I think because she wanted people to think that boyfriends had given them to her, but she had none) and even her senior picture for the annual had a photo of her wearing one of my sweaters. When I dressed in layers in Texas as a child, I had to carry my sweaters home from school because it was generally too hot to wear them in the afternoons.

Here is winter in Cathedral City, with snow on Mnt San Jacinto. I no longer heat the pool in the winter, however, although I did for the first two years we were here.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Y, Lars, I know....just that this time of year, we're thrilled if the outdoor temp gets up to a high of 59.

I'm always amazed at the body's ability to adjust to the temperature. In October when it's 55, we're freezing, and by March at 55, we're ready to break out the shorts! What I find is that it takes a long time and is most uncomfortable for me to adjust to the colder temps, but when it starts warming up, it seems the adjustment happens immediately. By summer, if it's really hot, we'll turn on the AC, set it for 78 and even that feels chill! We typically run the AC maybe a total of 14 days in a summer.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor