SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robert_barry79

2020 Premium Rangetop Dilemma: Wolf vs Thermador vs Viking - Dacor?

Mr B
3 years ago

We're having a tough time settling on a rangetop for our kitchen remodel. I am inclined to go with Thermador, since the star design and patented intermittent extra-low settings appear to offer wider range of temperature control than the other brands I'm looking at. I also like the durability of brass burners over Wolf's aluminum.

Wolf has that reputation though, and seems to have better warranty service. And I have a friend who's a professionally-trained chef who swears by Viking as having been the least finicky rangetops she's worked with. We have a Viking currently, and it's been fine.

And then there's Dacor, easily the most attractive of the bunch but an absolute terrible history of reliability. I hear they were bought by Samsung five years ago, however, and that in the last two years, the focus on improving reliability has made great strides.

Since we're not looking at a full range, just the rangetop, is there really much that might go wrong if we just pick any old one we like? They seem like fairly simple machines.

Would really appreciate some feedback on the state of things for rangetops in 2020.

Comments (13)