SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baltymoron

wolf range vs...bluestar?

baltymoron
15 years ago

There have been a thousand posts about various ranges so I'll add my particular dilemma to the mix. We are looking for a 36" Range. Probably all gas. Probably nonself cleaning. Undecided about sealed vs unsealed.

I really like the Bluestar and like everything I read about it. It is about $5200 where I would buy it. I've also looked at a few other makers including Viking, Five Star, Bertazzoni, Thermador, Dacor, etc. The only other one that I think competes is Wolf. The equivalent wolf(RN366 I think) is about $300 more which in the grand scheme of things is not much.

So... my dilemma is this. I like to cook on a Wok. I like the idea of 22000BTU burners. I like the BlueStar design and unsealed burners. I like everything I read about the BlueStar. That said, we may consider selling our place in 5 or 6 years, and everyone knows Wolf. They know the brand, it can make a kitchen. In advertising a house you can advertise that you have a WOlf Range and people know what they are getting. BlueStar doesn't have that.

What should I do? Opinions?

Comments (4)