SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jencjudd_gw

Wolf or Dacor Range? HEELLLP!

jencjudd
15 years ago

Greetings from TX!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, as I go through the FUN and HARROWING process of designing our new home. I must say, this place has been a boon for me; already so many questions I've had have been answered and have helped us in this process. So, rather than just give a light greeting, I'm going to dive right in w/my dilemma :)! I apologize in advance for bombarding the board with my questions...this isn't the proper way to introduce myself, but I do feel a ton of pressure to figure out this issue asap. So thanks in advance for your patience and advice!

We are trying to pick a range size and brand. What has happened is, our builder gets some great deal w/Dacor, so price installed is much cheaper than if we were to go out on our own and get the appliances. I had my heart set on a Wolf 60-inch range (we have a large family and I do use double ovens more than once a year...love the look of a range...), but was o.k. w/Dacor, until I found out a few days ago they are discontinuing their 60-inch model.

SOOO, here are my questions:

1. Does one brand do better than the other? I've run numerous searches on this, checked all sorts of feedback/opinion polls, but I guess I don't feel I have a really good, solid answer. I hate to let go of a good price because I see stars when I look at a Wolf (but could be just as happy w/Dacor).

2. If Dacor is as good (or maybe, even better), do I take advantage of the discounted prices and get a 48-inch range? Is that mini-oven really very useful at all? I could get a wall oven as well, but then am I going to be inundated w/appliances in my kitchen? Is that overkill?

3. One of the things I love about the Wolf is the variety of options for designing the cooktop; I would love a full griddle if we got one. I did read on here somewhere that someone thought those were hard to clean and got stinky after a while. Would I just be better off w/all burners (and, in that case, a Dacor)?

4. We are also wanting to either do a 48-inch fridge OR the large, all-fridge/all-freezer columns from SZ. Okay, you can tell I struggle with making decisions...:) If I get the big columns, will I again be appliance-heavy if I also have the huge 60-inch range?

All of these decisions have to be made now to draw out the cabinet design and appliance layout. I of course can change things afterward, to a point, but will pay $$$. If anyone here has any insight on the Dacor or Wolf or experience w/the bigger ranges in general, I'd be eternally grateful for your thoughts.

Thank you so much!!

Comments (57)

• amyks
    15 years ago

I don't know what they have on other models, of course. My knobs (I'm sorry, I can't write that without giggling..)) are stainless steel. Hee hee hee!!....My knobs...tee hee!

Amy

• bobber4
    15 years ago

Jencjudd,

I too am building a house and was choosing between Wolf and Dacor. Decided to go with Wolf until the manufacture didn't want to change the floor model over to propane gas and it was going to cost me 2K more for the 36" range. Then I began reading about American Range here on GW. I just went to Dallas (I'm in Oklahoma and couldn't find a dealer here) and saw them. Pretty awesome unit. And the knobs are not plastic. And you can get them in a color if you want (they have color panels--you can even change them out. I can get an American Range 36" for 4-4.5K. The Wolf will cost me close to 9K. If you are in Texas where you can see one, you may want to take a looksee. My best friend went with me--she has the 36" Dacor Range--she said she wished that would have know about American when she built. Just a thought. They are all gas--but they have some kind of special convection with the two fans than is supposed to really good. And the broiler in them is what they have at the Ruth Crist restaurant to cook steaks. You can search this forum and check it out online. But when I saw them in person--it was a slam dunk--and I'm not a person who is easily impressed.

• Related Discussions

Wolf, Dacor Epicure, or Thermador Grand Pro?

Q

Comments (8)
    I would avoid Dacor. The bezel cracked on our dual fuel range shortly after purchasing it---Dacor told us it needed to be "redesigned" and it took many months for them to "redesign" it, then finally to replace it. It cracked again anyway shortly after being replaced. It is unsightly, with 2 big cracks right on the front of the control panel. Our neighbors have the exact same range and have had the exact same problem. We were told the second time around that this time we would need to pay to replace it ourselves--for a whopping $350 just for the part!! We haven't been able to scrape the money together so everyone who visits our kitchen sees it and comments. Leaves a VERY bad taste in our mouth for Dacor...
    ...See More

Sharp, Wolf or Dacor Micro Drawer?

Q

Comments (18)
    Viking better than a Wolf?? That's the first I've heard of that. I am very glad you like yours, dryvonne. Sounds like you are enjoying the micro drawer, too. In truth, though, I've never been a Viking fan. We'll see how I feel about the Wolf when this build finally finishes. I'm double-crossing my fingers that I will be feeling how I think I'll feel...over the moon about my range. :) If only I could be sure I'll feel that way about the microwave drawer, too! And lascatx, I forgot to mention, your comment about the red knobs on the microwave had me LOL. Now if they could put THOSE on the drawer to doll it up, I wouldn't even have started this thread in the first place! :)
    ...See More

wolf vs. dacor duel fuel range

Q

Comments (6)
    We went with the Electrolux 48" (made by Dacor). I preferred it to the Dacor in that it only has knobs, no electronic front panel. Just like the traditional looks, I guess. Here's a picture: It isn't installed yet (renovation completion is probably 3 months out), but it sure looks nice sitting out in the garage. We've unboxed it, and it feels great... solid doors, heavy grates, just a nice unit. We got a great deal from Allstate Appliances in Pheonix, AZ... they shipped to us (AL). Looking inside, and comparing it to the Dacor 48" range, it is obvious that they share many, many components. That said, if money was no object, the Wolf would probably have been my choice. I've never heard much negative on their ranges, and they are gorgeous.
    ...See More

ake suggestions. Wolf island hood ? Dacor oven/range

Q

Comments (5)
    I have a Wolf Island hood. I like it, but I use it with an external blower and silencer so I can't comment on how loud it might be with an internal blower. More importantly, on an island or peninsula installation, the hood has to overlap the burners by enough to collect the rising and expanding effluent from the cooking process. There are no wall or side cabinets to aid this collection. If your candidate hood is 42 x 27 as I suspect from the model number without looking it up, it is probably big enough for most cooking, so long as there aren't cross drafts. The hood should be centered over the boundaries of the array of pans you might use, and this affects either the layout of joists above the hood, or the placement of the island so that the ducting can penetrate the ceiling above the hood center. It is better to look into this before it becomes expensive to accommodate. kas
    ...See More
  • crescent50
    15 years ago

I am in the process of choosing appliances for a new construction kitchen and it looks like we have narrowed it down to thermador and wolf. The KD is strongly recommending the thermador and we are planning to go to a cooking demonstration next weekend.

cdecker- your kitchen is great and similar to what we are planning. I'm glad to hear how much you love your range and ovens. We are deciding between miele and thermador for them.

I really like your refrigerator/oven/coffee bar wall- just wondering how long that space is? Do you have a floor plan you could share?

TIA and Good luck to the OP with appliance selections- it really is nerve racking.

• drjay71
    15 years ago

Funny you should ask those questions. We have a lot of similarities. First of all, we are building a new home as well in Texas and we thought we wanted a 60" Wolf range and a 48" built in Sub Zero. I mean, that's what many homes around us have, so we should have it as well, right? Well, like you, I have found this site to be such a helpful tool. My builder too got significant discounts on Dacor, Thermador, and Viking but not on Wolf/SZ. After agonizing over the appliance choices for several months, here is what we concluded was important to us:
    1. Quality
    2. Looks
    3. Budget

Our builder gave us a generous allowance for the appliances and we could have gone the Wolf/SZ route and I think we would have been happy, however, after reading so many positive reviews of the Thermador columns on this site and the Thermador brand in general, we are going to go with 30" separate columns and the 48" Pro Grand range by Thermador. My wife really wanted the mini oven instead of the 2 large ovens that come with a 60" range (plus it saves a little space). Also, we LOVE the look of the columns as they are completely integrated which the SZ even in the new flush inset option could not match in our opinion (unless you go with the more expensive integrated line that SZ offers). All in all, we feel like we are getting a great quality brand with the look we like at a price that is saving us about $7K compared to the comparable Wolf/SZ products. For us, the extra money was not worth the name.

• jencjudd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all your thoughts! Christine, I forgot to mention, your kitchen is GORGEOUS. The time you took to make your selections was well worth it; I only hope my turns out that good.

Bobber4, I checked out American Range and it is lovely. I asked the showroom/distributor I've been working with about it, and they said they'll be getting the AR line soon. I'm probably going to need to decide before then, but if they do come in where I can take a look, I definitely will. Where did you find the American Range here in Dallas?

drjay1, it sounds like we are in similar situations. I checked out Thermador and like that look, too, and I am going to take a look at their columns when I visit the showroom again. I think my issue is whether or not I want the two full-size ovens; so far, it looks like Wolf is the company that provides that option, so I guess that is where my main decision lies.

I know all these brands are high-quality, and I'll probably be over the moon to have any of them. It's hard when you can choose, sometimes! But, better than having no choice at all.

I will ask this: those of you who have a rangetop/range w/a combo of burners and griddle or griddle/grill, do you find the griddle/grill easy to keep clean, or is it difficult?

Thanks again for all your help!

• Christine Decker
    15 years ago

jencjudd

Thanks for the kitchen compliment! I pinch myself everyday because I can't believe its my kitchen! As for your question about the griddle. That is why I chose the Thermador.
    The griddle lifts out and goes in the dishwasher or just a little soap and hot water and it looks great. I did purchase the maple chopping block cover for it because it fits perfectly over the griddle and gives you a chopping,
    prepping space right on the range. It is also good for putting your lids on while you check your pots! I wish you the best for your new kitchen! Let me know if I can answer any other question!
    Christine

• grendal_fly
    15 years ago

Jencjudd

We have a Wolf 48DF range with the double griddle and it has been a breeze to keep clean and we absolutely love it. Keep in mind that it doesn't look clean since it is seasoned, but I can fry eggs on it and they won't stick and the stainless steel cover is always on it when we aren't using it. The key is to season it correctly and then make sure you scrape it and wipe it down after each use. Not much more effort then cleaning my frying pans. The best part is that it has so much mass that once it is up to temp you can really keep things going on it and since you can set the temp, I have found that I am making some of the best eggs, pancake and grilled cheese sandwiches ever.

• megradek
    15 years ago

I've been a "lurker" as well for the last month having finally stumbled on this forum! everyone's opinions have been enormously helpful. It sounds like you realy shouldn't skimp and go smaller, since you really use your ovens and cookware. For space and design configuration reasons we went with the Wolf 5 burner cooktop and double wall ovens, and 27" fridge and freezer integrated units. Their not in yet (drywall to start in 2 weeks), but I'm hoping for the best! Good luck.

• jencjudd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

grendel fly, Thanks for the tips! I checked out the double griddle on the Wolf yesterday, and it looked fantastic. Glad to know clean up is pretty simple...I was worried about unreachable gunk in crevices, etc. I love that you can put a stainless steel cover or chopping block over top.

mairin, good luck with your remodel...it sounds like you picked some great appliances. Did you do the Sub-Zero integrated units? I love those; I only wish they did all freezer/all fridge for the 36 inch size.

These comments are so helpful!

• mv007
    7 years ago

My personal opinion, do not purchase Thermador, I have several problems with my 36 inch cook-top. If a knob brake cost you $70.00 plus s&h, the red light " on" indicator melt with the heat and if by any chance on of the burner start sparking get ready, to replace the spark module cost between $500.00-$1200.00 to repair, they have to remove all the burners grinding down the nuts to get access to inside. Three technician have come by and suggest me do not purchase anymore thermador for poor design and cost of maintenance. True, they have nice features, but not to friendly designed when come to repair them. I am looking now for a Wolf 36 inches cook-top.

• Christine Decker
    7 years ago

I have the Thermador 48 inch cooktop with center griddle and low simmer/wok high heat burners and I LOVE IT! Purchased in 2006 and not a single problem and looks like new!

• worthy
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We had a Thermador gas cooktop in 2005. One burner control was defective from day one. I realized too late and it cost hundreds to replace. Impossible to clean the steel top.

Consumer Reports did a comparison of the multi-thousands of dollars per usual suspect's ovens. They were all beaten by a $400 white ribbon burner domestic. All style over substance as far as I'm concerned. Baby Madda worthy's jerk tastes the same wherever it's cooked up!

There is an appliance forum here.

• rmverb
    7 years ago

We agonized over appliances for quite a while. In the end we chose Wolf and Sub Zero. We went with the 48" rangetop with griddle, the M series professional double wall oven, an the SZ 42" built in french door refrigerator. We went with Bosch for the dishwasher and microwave drawer.

• jilldag
    7 years ago

Good luck rmverb! I currently have a Wolf range which cooks acceptably . I cannot cook with a wok because it doesn't stay hot enough. I also have a problem with the potency of the burners if more than one is in use, or I have the oven on at the same time. The oven also cooks more on the left side, so I have to be mindful of that! My wolf electric wall oven is great, though!

My mother in law has had 2 sub zero refrigerators in 2 different houses , and neither of them have been without issue. The original , which was about 15 years ago, had problems with the compressor, and the current one freezes the food in certain locations. (This is not good when it freezes fresh greens!)

As for Bosch. I purchased a $1500 Bosch dishwasher when I remodeled my current kitchen, about 5 years ago. After 1 1/2 years, it exploded and leaked water into my basement . The whole side of the dishwasher distorted and caused the cabinetry to become distorted. When I called the repair man he said that he had seen this before, and not to buy Bosch.

I hope that you have better luck!

• rmverb
    7 years ago

jilldag, you are definitely not inspiring confidence in our selections.

• jilldag
    7 years ago

rmverb,

I know, and for that I am sorry. I wish I could have given you this information before. Are your selections finalized??

• jilldag
    7 years ago

I, too, am building a house and I have been researching appliances for months. I guess I just wanted to help if I could... :(

I'm sorry if I've added stress to your build. That was not my intention.

• worthy
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

High-end KitchenAide dw in the same home failed after six months use. And while their double ovens worked fine, Ma worthy ripped her hand on an exposed razor sharp edge. Complained and KitchenAide said, "Yeah, we know about it. We fixed that on our new models." Unfortunately, we're building another high-end home and fashion requires this pretentious overpriced Euro-look c***.

• ILoveRed
    7 years ago

Rmverb...I'm not trying to minimize Jill's advice. But just trying to reassure you. The house we just sold was built in 2004. Wolf dual fuel range. I loved it. Zero service calls. SZ frig. One service call for something minor and easy to fix. We are choosing Wolf and SZ again. It's easy to second guess yourself. I do it constantly.

• jilldag
    7 years ago

ILoveRed, I am glad that you chimed in. I don't want to make people feel bad about their choices, but that has been my experience. I know that these brands do have a huge following, so I am willing to say that my experience might be an anomaly.

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    6 years ago
    I am in the same boat. Building a new home and trying to decide how I want to proceed with appliances. My every day cooking is very basic and I’m not a baker. However, when we have big parties (3-4 times/yr) I go all out. I’m in Mansfield TX so have access to DFW showrooms. For my average cooking I don’t know if I can justify the cost for the Wolf. I’ve also heard bad things about Thermador’s ovens. I’m wondering if a Miele is the right route for me. I love Asian food so I would like a burner that is good for wok cooking. Any suggestions?
  • Jamie
    6 years ago

I checked the Consumer Reports website this morning, and both of these brands got appallingly-low scores. Their highest rated "pro-style" ranges were KitchenAid models in both the 30" and 36" classes. I didn't have time to look at things in more detail, however.

• klinks
    5 years ago

I have had the Thermador 36" cooktop in our CA house for about 14 years and need to replace it. Once of my front burners went out and had it looked at. Need to take the whole thing apart to fix and not worth the high cost to do so. Trying to figure out what to replace it with but will probably go with Dacor. The star burners on the Thermador cook nice, but are a bear to keep clean between all of those starpoints. The red indicator light fell down into the unit within a couple years of having it but got it fixed and it has not fallen in again. I do like the simmer/low heat options. It clicks on and off to keep a gentle heat, but unfortunately the one burner that broke is one of those. I have a Dacor in a house in MT and I really like it. Easy to clean and cooks nice. It is on propane though, which cooks hotter so the simmering is not as good as our gas Thermador cooktop in CA. As for dishwashers, both houses had Kitchenaid. The one in CA had the door hinge break years ago and we had it fixed but it broke shortly after that again and we left it. So super heavy when you open it. The one in Montana flooded our house when we were out of town at Christmas and had a power surge hit the house. The surge turned the dishwasher on to a super hight heat and we came home two days later to a completely flooded house that we had to tear down to the studs and rebuild. Steamed the upper floor and flooded the main floor and the garage below. Garage ceiling had fallen down on my car and partially opened the garage door in the middle of winter. Everything had mold on it. Thank God for good insurance! Got a Bosch dishwasher after that when we rebuilt and absolutely love it. Super quite and has a leak detection system that shuts off the water and drains it if it detects a leak even when it isn't running.

• robin0919
    5 years ago

This is almost TEN years old!!!!!!!!.....WITH are people still responding???????????

• Jamie
    5 years ago

The discussion is still relevant.

• klinks
    5 years ago

Yes, still relevant. Especially from those of you who bought your appliances in 2008. Which ones were the winners and losers 10 years later?

• Todd Schmidt
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I still havent heard much about the Dacor vs any of the other high end stoves. I like the 36 inch Dacor. What are your thoughts?

• rrah
    5 years ago

Todd, we've had our Dacor cooktop for 17/18 years now. It still works very well. I'd buy another Dacor if needed. The reason we selected Dacor over other brands was because Dacor was (and maybe still is) the only brand that specifically manufactures appliances for propane or natural gas. Most cook tops require a conversion to propane after it's built.

• User
    5 years ago

Appliances and who makes them for what market has changed a lot in 10 years. Give everyone a break and start a new thread.

• ssinger4317
    4 years ago

Dacor range is great! Stay away from the Dacor Ovens. We bought Double Convection and it did not hold temp.-proof was too high-and the blower is so loud and it goes on FOREVER. (even after the cooking is complete) We had multiple visits from Dacor Reps and they would not let us return the double oven. Bad purchase. Will buy Wolf next time!

• Allison Madison
    4 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Blue Star ranges? I just found this thread and we need to keep this going! Everyone's input is incredibly helpful.

• jilldag
    4 years ago

Yes, I have a Blue Star Range and a Blue Star Wall Oven with French Doors. They are wonderful!!

• Allison Madison
    4 years ago

Thank you Jilldag! Are you using natural gas or propane? Also curious about the French Top. Do you have that? It looks very interesting.

• halimamohammed
    3 years ago

@Jencjudd it’s been almost 12 years since you built your kitchen, did you choose Wolf or Dacor? Are you happy with your choices? I’d like to know because I’m feeling the same dilemma!!

• J S
    3 years ago

Last house had Wolf and current (2 yrs old) house has Dacor. I have had troubles with both. Dacor dishwasher, microwave and fridge have all needed work. Wolf, I had troubles with the range gas regulator. I am trying Thermador next time.

• halimamohammed
    3 years ago

@JS Do you have a Dacor stove and oven too? My mother in law had a thermador freezer and it went bad, couldn’t fix it so she had to buy a new thermador freezer. The old one was less than 10 years old. That cost her a lot of money! @JS Thank you for your response. I guess the lesson to learn is that nothing is fool proof and that maybe we shouldn’t spent so much money on a brand name or buy the same brand for all appliances in our kitchen. Maybe pick and choose the best items from each brand.

• fayefit
    3 years ago

I had all Thermidor appliances in the four year old home we just sold. I was taken in by their beauty and by the package deal, which is still running. The range top cooked wonderfully, although I had to have the dealer adjust the burners because they were all too hot in the beginning. The pans cleaned easily and the black porcelain hides those few burned on stains that simply can't be removed. The black grates are very heavy and after awhile are difficult to keep them looking grease free. They look like the inside of a seasoned black frying pan. I could fit one diagonally in the dishwasher, but the dishwasher didn't really clean them. I think that's just the way they are.

The built in french door refrigerator was beautiful but not worth the cost. Replacing the filter was awkward and a pain. I was never able to figure out any of the interior controls at the top mostly due to a sketchy instruction booklet so although I changed the filter, the refrigerator was in a perpetual state of "Filter Chg". There were quality issues with the shelving.

The oven had some nice features. I had a combo oven and microwave. I had the dealer check the calibration because it seemed off and while he was there he went over the various uses and features of the different cooking modes. I didn't have a lot of baking success. Cakes would be uneven on the top and often fall. I tried changing pans, baking methods. I had trouble making sure the oven was actually still on, particularly after changing the temperature or time during baking. I think it would cycle off.

The microwave was fine.

The Sapphire dishwasher left spots and residue on the glasses. I will say that the dishwasher pods helped that greatly though not completely.

We are building a new home and once again I'm searching for the perfect appliances. Maybe there's no such thing! Halimohammed, I think you've got it right! I'm not going to worry about matching everything and I don't think that expensive is always better. The humble Whirlpool dishwasher that I inherited with our beach condominium does a better job than my Thermidor did. So I'm going to cherry pick this time and hope I get it right! I will purchase a Thermidor range top again, although I love the burners on the Dacor.

• Colleen Storino
    3 years ago

My 30” Dacor duel fuel range is 21 years old - and I have LOVED IT AND HAVE HAD ZERO PROBLEMS. (Sorry, not yelling.) I love the large capacity oven, the entirely flat stove grates, and the high BTU burners. Am remodeling my kitchen and want to move up to a 48” with double oven. Don’t have any experience with other Dacor appliances, but have loved this range and have used it very heavily.

• ssinger4317
    3 years ago

Loved my Dacor Range-Had 2 of them-Dacor Double oven (both convection) were a nightmare!

• Marlo Nelson
    3 years ago

I am going to jump into this conversation. We are building and I thought I was sold on all dacor appliances but after seeing so many bad reviews I am at my wits end. Does anyone out there have the dacor modernist collection and what are your thoughts???

• Colleen Storino
    3 years ago

I don’t have the Modernist but have the Heritage Pro dual fuel. I’ve had a 30” range and have used it for 20 years with NO PROBLEMS. I love it. Am now remodeling my kitchen and am replacing it with the same range but in a 36” style. I liked the modernist style but have been so happy with the Heritage, that I didn’t feel it was worth with the extra $$ to go to the Midernist - and didn’t need/want all the computerized features. The latter, in my opinion, are just addl things to break, maintain and need updates. When looking for a range like this, the “biggies” IMO are 1) BTU range to go from simmer to high BTU output. 2) usable space in the cavity of the oven (note that Dacor ovens are typically larger than Wolf or Thermador). 3) continuous grates - which make a huge difference for cooking, moving pans around the surface of the range, and - frankly - safety (no tipping pots). Cleaning ease is also something to pay attention to. I’ve liked the Dacor for this as well and regularly use the Clean cycle. Hope this helps.

• Marlo Nelson
    3 years ago

It does thank you! I was considering going with the induction cooktop and double ovens. It seems from previous comments that the double ovens do cause some problems. Might rethink it and just go with the range with cooktop. Thanks again 😊

• Wayne Fasek
    3 years ago

We love our Dacor gas cooktop. That and our sub zero all fridge fridge are the best appliances we have owned. 12 years and as good as new and used non stop

• duvall_rick58
    3 years ago

I have a 48" Dacor Natural Gas range and it is the bane of my existence. It has a double oven. The large oven did not work the day it was installed in August 2020. A month later the failed thermostat was repaired. On November 24 the small oven failed. In January of 2021 the large oven failed again. Dacor says they can not repair it as the parts are no longer available. It has been 93 days today and still no resolution. Their support is not existent. I have 5 pages of notes detailing every call along the way. I have literally spent over 40 hours on the phone and spoken with 2 dozen different people. I would not install another Dacor product in my house if it were given to me. Look at the experiences of people on consumeraffairs.com and you will find my story is common. Fair warning. All the best.

• Marlo Nelson
    3 years ago

Oh my goodness....that is horrible. Thanks for sharing

• HU-617295486
    3 years ago

Dacor has terrible customer service. I bought a dacor microwave in august. January 23rd it burned up while cooking potatoes. I filed a warranty claim Jan 25th. It was finally approved for replacement March 10th. I call and email repeatedly but no microwave. Their excuse is they are trying to find it. I would be happy with a refund but they refuse. Stay away from dacor

• klinks
    3 years ago

Ever since they were bought by Samsung, customer service has disappeared. We have Dacor in Montana and one appliance repair guy 1.5 hours away. He will no longer deal with Dacor/Samsung because they are even bad to their contractors.

• HU-617295486
    3 years ago

Terrible customer service. Nobody should buy dacor products

• PRO
    Fab Rehab Design
    2 years ago

I am considering the Dacor 6 burner with a griddle that sits on top of the two center burners; for roughly $5500.. which I like alot...OR the 36" 6 burner Viking, self cleaning oven, and the griddle that is part of the stove...it is a griddle on one side and you can flip it over and it like a grill grate...$11000, both have $500 off and Viking comes with free dishwasher.. how do I justify spending twice the money on the Viking... ??? I honestly like the viking more.. not sure if it comes with a cover for the griddle.

• Lisa Sanford
    last year

Have a 16 year old Dacor gas oven and cooktop! Never had a problem until I turned the temperature up to 550 to char a prime rib! Have had the Dacor technicians out three times, and they still can’t find the source of the problem!!! Replaced circuit boards and thinking all 6 heating elements might need replacing?!?!? Geez!!! I am googling new ovens, but NOT DACOR brands!!!