SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcsend1231

HELP! I'm STRUGGLING w/countertops for the kitchen

Charla
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi there. First, let me say "YES. I should have hired a designer (long story)". I know the mistakes I made which leave me to this point...anyone willing to help a girl out??

Please excuse the mess. Hopefully you can "see" the kitchen. We have a med.brown island and SW Alabaster cabinets. The floor is going to be a med. brown hardwood. I wanted "warm".

So now...

I CAN'T DECIDE ON THE GRANITE. The samples here I don't love. I've been to 3 different places.My mind says that the granite should be unassuming; enough is going on that I don't need a "show stopper"...Hubby only wants granite and "movement", yet I'm afraid to go w/something w/movement because I don't want a cRaZy kitchen. And I've read that trying to have two different countertops AND 2 different cabinets are not ideal. I know there's no "right or wrong", but in my mind there has to be a definite "this is what is BEST".

In case you're wondering...Next to the kitchen is the dining room (other side of the column). The DR will be painted taupe and will have blue/gray on the chairs. The kitchen looks into the LRoom which will be painted taupe too, with blue, brown and taupe furniture.

These granites I'm okay with: 1. Lucy in the Sky 2. Copper Dunes (i'm afraid that w/the floor, the island will look like one big block of wood) 3. Kayrus 4. Fantasy Brown 5. Blanco Supirlore

So, are these good considerations or should I keep looking? Thoughts??? THANK YOU in advance =)

Comments (44)