SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hawkjes

Omega Dynasty Natural Walnut Veneers

hawkjes
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are having a difficult time deciding on our cabinets for our mid century modern kitchen renovation. These are examples of natural walnut cabinets that I love.

The designer chose Harmoni cabinets in natural walnut veneers in a slab door style. The sample door is beautiful, with some color variation, but no visible seaming (see last photo). Our builder pointed out that Omega could do the same job for what would end up being over 10K savings to us! I'm a little concerned about the appearance of Omega natural walnut cabinets. I saw a display of an entire kitchen in a showroom in the solid wood natural walnut, and it looks striped because of what appears to be very poor matching of wood pieces, so that light sapwood ends up in a straight line against dark wood (see photo just below). And this is what I saw in a showroom. I want a more uniform finish, so I guess with less or no sapwood and more careful grain matching, but I don't want to stain it or get a stained finish by Omega. Does anyone have either Harmoni or Omega cabinets with natural walnut veneers? I would LOVE to see some pictures of kitchens finished with these products. In the end, I'm looking to see whether the veneers have the same seaming that I saw on the solid wood product, or if the veneers are going to look more uniform. I am considering the Tarin door style for Omega; not sure of the name of the Harmoni door style, but it's also a slab style.

Comments (5)