SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondie859111

Help, please? Don't understand cabinet terms.

blondie859111
13 years ago

Would you please help me with the following cabinet jargon? I donÂt understand how to compare. I a trying to decide between two similar cabinets: Omega Dynasty II Brentwood style and Schuller Tiffany Maple. Either will be ordered painted white, and both are similar price point, although the Schuller comes with soft close doors, and Dynasty II does not.

The Schuller Grand Traditions from Lowes and says this:

"All raised and reverse raised panel doors and face frames are solid wood construction

All plywood case components

Maple hardwood veneer with varnish topcoat on interior case componentsâ¨3/4" solid Hardwood dovetail drawer

The strongest drawer box available, a sign of true craftsmanship and qualit

Hardwood veneer, species and finish matched on specified end panelsâ¨. Each cabinet is built with quality materials and construction methods, including 1/2" standard sides, tops and bottoms; strong I-beam construction; dadoed joinery; and pocket screwed hanging rails. The result is a cabinet superior to brands using thinner materials or inferior joinery. Our shelves are thicker, for more durability, as well as adjustable, so you have more storage options."

The Omega Dynasty II is from a local lumberyard and says this:

"Dynasty II collection doors feature a full 1/4" furniture veneer center panel bringing you greater affordability. Opaque doors and drawer fronts (which mine would be) will receive an MDO (Medium Density Overlay) center panels to provide a more stable application for finish and improve overal appearance of final product. Opaque drawer fronts are MDF. 5/8 inch dovetailed drawer box. Cabinet construction is 1/2 inch plywood sides, 3/8" plywood tops and floors, and 1/4" plywood back. Interior is 50 gram menamine thermal bonded to plywood for easy clean up."

Comments (4)