SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cassie_knox0

Kitchen Layout Help!

reno anxiety
3 years ago

We’re completely gutting our kitchen, removing a load-bearing wall that separates the kitchen from living room to give us the big open concept we’ve always dreamed of.

We will have a large 5x8’ island with 12-15” overhang for seating on two sides and 42” aisle walkways. We will have a 33” farmhouse sink centered on the bay window with pull out trash to the left and DW on the right (unfortunately it will not fit on the opposite side). We will have a 36” gas rangetop and standard depth 36” French door fridge. Ideally we would like to have double ovens (if possible- either stacked wall ovens or side by side lowers?). Our microwave will be a standard counter MW hidden on a shelf in the bottom of an upper cabinet for easy replacing if/when it inevitably dies.

We will not have a traditional dining area as we rarely used it and will instead eat at the island or our outdoor dining table. We have a large very close family and have family gatherings often and like to entertain so having space to accommodate plenty of people is important to us (hence all of the couches!)

I have been playing around with different layouts and rearranging appliances trying to find the most efficient flow for the space. I’ve included some of my favorite layouts I’ve come up with so far but would love to hear any suggestions or advice you all have!!

TIA

Comments (3)