SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjmpcook

Kitchen layout help please - new kitchen

jjmpcook
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My kitchen is going to be on one end of an addition that will have a family room at the other end. Dining room in between.

We often cook together as a family so a multi-cook layout is important. I love the idea of the my 48"cooktop with vent on the main wall, at the end of the building; refrigerator, oven/micro and pantry on the wall to the left; sink and dishwasher on the right wall. Prep sink in the center island - on the refrigerator side. This way I feel like there is a prep area, cook area and a dish washing area.

I know a lot of people are probably going to ask why I don't put the sink under a window. If I did that I feel like the dish washing area would be smack dab in the middle of the prep and cooking areas.

The window above the sink is a faux window. The other side of that wall is the foyer.

Open shelving above some of the base cabinets. I REALLY wanted all open shelving but lost my giant pantry closet so I added in all the uppers and tall cabinets.

Idea for foyer with faux window or real window above sink. Weird?

Overhead Layout with measurements - (sink is in the wrong spot).

Any thoughts? I have been thinking about this layout for so long so please don't slam me too hard. Lol.

Comments (17)