SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susesells

Any designer help out there please!!

My design dilemma is that I’m trying to choose between Pewterwood and Moire Black Certainteed landmark pro or premium Roof shingles. I need to make a decision pretty soon our contractor is waiting. I have a traditional Cape Cod style home the pitch of the roof is a 12/12 it faces the street and slopes gradually over a front porch. All you see from the front of the house Is what is underneath the porch roof and a small addition to the side as well as dormers on the top of the roof second level.

I feel like our home is all roof even though from the street it is slightly elevated. I am concerned about over dominating with a very dark roof color choice But I like the contrast of the dark roof and a light siding. With the dormers on the second level of the roof and the angle of the house showing some of the siding connected to the roof which will be Maibec Cape Cod gray cedar shingles very light color in contrast to the roof I feel it could be the saving grace of choosing a very dark roof color?? Thoughts please. I have attached a few photos as we are a work in progress I actually have four sample roof colors attached to the right side of the roof although a little tough to see on this rainy day everything looks darker. There is a sample of moire black Standing up against the window and a sample of pewterwood next to it attached to the roof top left side. The old roof was once black I believe, it’s now a faded gray. I’ve been trying to choose a roof also that does not have a lot of variation it seems that’s what roofing companies are doing right now but it drives me crazy it’s so busy.

Grateful for any help at all for those of you who have been trying to pick a roof color I know you feel my pain it’s not so easy especially for something that covers a good portion of your home and you’ll be looking at every single day.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions