SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katierenee9090

Figuring out your style? Design help please!

KatieRenee9090
9 years ago

Hi again! You were all so awesome a couple weeks ago helping me find issues with the house plan we loved. After seeing so many issues and really thinking about what we wanted- we scraped it all lol and met with our drafter and designer week before last. I am excited to see what he comes up with. We had it pretty laid out before the end of the meeting but he's working on exacts and the elevations!

In the meantime, I am trying to figure out the design elements of what I like. We are looking to build next spring/summer so I have some time but I'm so confused! This is our first home and also our forever home. We are in our mid/late twenties and have lived in apartments for the past 8 years. Trying to decide what we see in our home is hard. I have spent hours on pinterest and houzz. I have found things I loved and lots I liked but I don't know how to narrow it down. I don't know how to see beyond one room at a time. I don't know how to pick all the different elements that bring together a room.

Anyone have any tips on how you figured out what you liked. I feel like I can look at so many rooms and finally pick out 3 I like but they are all completely different. How do we find our style? Is there a secret? lol

Comments (13)