SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_cano

Can I paint the raw edges of tile run for kitchen backsplash?

3 years ago

This is a follow up to a post yesterday, where I resolved the tile pattern issue (white porcelain/ceramic subway tiles, running bond). I’m not sure if I should have continued that post or started a new one; decided on a new one.

The tile will likely end directly under the cabinets on the left. This will leave the ends showing here. The tile will also end against the window trim, leaving a few inches of the top edge of the tile exposed. I just noticed that one of the two (nearly identical) tiles I selected has the short edge painted on one side. I was wondering if I could paint the exposed top edge near the window trim to avoid using a quarter round piece or some other type of finishing edge (don’t really like any options, I much prefer the exposed edges on marble or travertine but my tile doesn’t have this); and if I end up with the other tile, with no painted edges, paint the tile both in the area by the window trim and also along the left edge. Does anyone have any experience or advice for this? It seems like it could be a great solution for my situation but I could be overlooking something here.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Comments (20)