SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_457659181

Meyer Lemon leaves yellowing - What is missing?

HU-457659181
3 years ago

Hello there! New poster here and also a bit of a new gardener as well, I have been doing gardening recently and still getting a bit around it. Ive been reading so much the past few months regarding soils and so many other things!

Anyway, I got a Meyer Lemon Tree in mid-April or so. I live in Central PA. I potted the lemon tree in a container and have left it outdoors all summer so far. The soil is pretty much all bark fines (bought at lowes) mixed with some peat moss and vermiculite and MVP (the clay that is put on baseball fields) I would say the bark fines comprise about 70-80% of all material. The tree is about 6-7' and it was pretty bare when it came but it has filled in quite nicely (there was a big flush in May/June but since then it hasn't grown much I think at least no new shoots)

I have been giving a 12-5-7 fertilizer every 4 weeks or so, although not specific citrus fertilizer.

Some leaves are getting really yellow between veins but not sure what it could be? Lack of micros? Magnesium? I don't think is water stress could it be? I water when I feel the top 2 inches dry, even though most times if I dig further down it's still somewhat moist - should I go longer then between waterings?

Or should I increase my fertilizing? Or add some Epsom Salts?

Thank you

I still haven't pruned much yet since I read not to bother for at least a year - and to be honest in the beginning it was lacking a lot of shoots so I left it to grow.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath