SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vegasgardener

Some yellow meyer lemon tree leaves - new tree

VegasGardener
12 years ago

Hello, long time reader of Gardenweb, just haven't posted anything until now :)

I got myself a dwarf meyer lemon tree a month ago, and have potted it with a mix of the well draining cactus soil mix, and some composted soil. It was deeply watered on the first day, and it was deeply watered on day 1. I haven't watered it for a few weeks since because my soil water meter didn't show dry yet, just stayed in the moist area. probably because it's been cool and I put mulch on top. It finally did get dry last week, and I watered it with my 5-1-1 fish emulsion. I am trying to stay as organic as possible, so I have not used the chemical citrus fertilizers out there or whatever.

in the past 2 weeks I noticed a few leaves, mostly the newer leaves i think, with certain yellowing. I have photos here of them :

Here is one of the leaves on the top of the tree(the tears in the leaf you see were there when I got the tree) :

{{gwi:572840}}

a leaf on one of the lower branches coming out of just above the graft

{{gwi:572841}}

another leaf off of the main stem that shows what many of the leaves are showing on their outer edge :

{{gwi:572842}}

some more leaves that are overall yellowed a bit :

{{gwi:572843}}

I am having trouble deciding if this is just a Springtime thing..springtime / transplant shock thing / deficiency..or what not. I heard that early in the season Potassium is a common citrus deficiency..but I am a newb so I don't know.

I am also wondering if I should take the leaves most affected and just cut them off?

It has started flowering 2 weeks ago, but I assume this is normal, I read that lemon trees flower early.

any other advice? thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths