SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_emerine

Kitchen Redesign - Option 1 or Option 2

Southern Drool
3 years ago

Hey y’all! We are doing a full remodel of our kitchen. I’m sharing a rough draft of the layout we are considering. We are taking down a short wall area to open up the kitchen as it was cramped and the flow wasn’t ideal. We had a dishwasher leak that forced a full remodel, which was already needed.

Question :

Should we leave the refrigerator as shown (will be paneled) in the drawing or move it to our pantry closet shown in the picture with a red arrow? If we move the refrigerator this will allow us to use that spot for either a double oven or a oven/ microwave.
We didn’t go on the other wall shown as it would impede our walkway area.

Our future plan is to do a scullery room behind the kitchen. The room is there now... it’s a laundry room/ office/pet room. We could put an extra oven in there if needed, when we remodel that room. This could also serve as our walk in pantry, if we move the refrigerator to the pantry closet.

We are suppose to order cabinets next week. We can tweak this plan but wanted to get feedback from this lovely group.

I’m also trying to figure out appliances.

Option 1 or Option 2?

Thank you in advance for any input. *I’ll share a couple more before photos in comments.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio