SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewels_ks

My Covid Experience

jewels_ks
3 years ago

Since I posted that I had given Convalescent Plasma I realized that some of you didn't know I had Covid back in June. I had posted on another member's post so that is probably why it was missed by some. For the past three years my niece and nephew have spent a month or so with me each summer so they were here during this time. On June 12th, me, my two daughter and my niece all went to paint my dd's room. then on the 13th we went to my brother's to celebrate his bday with about 15 other family members. The following Tuesday I had a pretty good headache and on Wednesday a stuffy nose. I had gone to a cycling class and felt some tightness in my chest. On Thursday my dd, who is an RN, went to Immediate Care because she thought she had strep throat. She ended up negative for strep positive for Covid. She got her results on Saturday and we got tested on Sunday and found out on Monday that we were positive. I didn't get my niece tested since she is only 6 and if we had it, she had it. The health dept called several times to see how we were and if we had any questions. They also told me I had to have my niece tested. So we got her tested and she was negative, however, the nurse said she probably just didn't have enough antigen in her system to be a positive. We also had to report who we had been around from Monday on, so the family bday was not affected, but I let them know. Several of them got tested and they were all negative. Overall, the Covid experience was very mild for us. My dd and my nephew have asthma and they both had to increase their usage of their inhalers. We had to quarantine for 10 days and have 3 days of no symptoms to be clear. My friends brought us groceries puzzles, games etc., which was very helpful. My nephew and my daughters all had to have have second tests to be negative. My RN dd had to have a negative before returning back to work, my other dd had to have a negative to go back to the dentist., and my nephew had to have a negative to fly, though no one asked him about it. My dh tested negative and we figured he had it back in March. We were walking one day and he had to stop due to shortness of breath. He had a cold, but when he tried to give Convalescent Plasma he did not have any antibodies.

I know were were very lucky to have it so lightly.

Comments (22)