SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
addie_leader_zavos

Backsplash ideas for beadboard cabinets (Ikea Hittarp)?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning several renovations to our new home, including a budget kitchen renovation. We're planning on using Ikea Hittarp cabinets, which have a bit of beadboard look. I'd love some help brainstorming backsplash tile ideas, any thoughts?

Overall style: Our home was built in 1941 as the farmhouse for a small dairy farm, so we're sticking to a simple, slightly country style. We have several antique furniture pieces with nature/floral themed carved wood elements, so any ideas that bring a natural/floral theme into the kitchen would be extra awesome.

Other finishes: The cabinets are slightly off-white. The floors will be slate or soapstone tile (square, probably 12 x 12). The counters will be oiled cherry butcher block. Appliances and apron sink are stainless. We were thinking light grey-blue for the walls but are open to other suggestions.

3D rendering: We designed the kitchen using Ikea's home planner, this is a 3D rendering: https://kitchenplanner.ikea.com/US/UI/Pages/VPUI.htm?_ga=2.46869287.122138870.1567410618-1011394889.1557123272&LoadDesign=0e864484dc114732ae3548b847d47c67&UIContext=SE_Menu&IsSharedDesign=1&Entry=Kitchen

Any other thoughts about the overall kitchen design would be very appreciated! We cook a ton (I'm a pastry chef, my husband is a sommelier, and we're the type of weirdos who make our own yogurt, bake bread, can summer vegetables, etc.), so we spend a lot of time in the kitchen and want it to be a pleasant and functional space. The fridge is in a very very small pantry attached to the kitchen.

Thanks!

Comments (3)