SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

Anyone remember a gift wrapping discussion?

daisychain Zn3b
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I think it was for college/school care packages and some of you made such lovely packages to send to your kids.

I'm in need of some help here. It is my youngest DD's 16th bday tomorrow and I made the huge mistake of getting my shingle's vaccine yesterday. My muscles ache and all I want to do is sleep.

Instead of one big gift, we have got a few of the smaller things on her list (well, she didn't have any big things on her list) and I have this idea to use a big box and wrap each gift individually inside and then wrap the big box. The problem, besides the whole shingles thing, is that I suck at this sort of thing. We did not do big bday activities in my family and while my older DD inherited my lack of whoop de doo attitude towards bdays, the younger one likes a bit of pizzazz.

She is having a few of her friends outdoor at park picnic next week to celebrate, but tomorrow is just a low key small family thing due to covid. I just want to make it a bit special and am hoping for help with wrapping from you talented folk.

I have ordered balloons and am making a special cake, but ideas about the wrapping and anything else you can think of that I could muster together last minute would be appreciated. Even pics of those care packages which I can almost but not quite picture.

And just to add to the fun, her sister is driving with her boyfriend and his two older siblings from the other side of the country and are set to arrive either tomorrow night or Thursday morning. My ease with entertaining guests I've never met rivals my ability to wrap gifts.

So to recap, I've made one key lime pie (this is a family tradition when one of our kids returns from camp or school), ordered balloons, bought gifts, washed linens and made beds up for guests, started a list of what to order for tomorrow night (difficult because it might be 6 people or possibly 9 depending on if/when the cross country trippers arrive).

Still to do: make bday cake, wrap gifts, clean house. Did I mention our dishwasher died and we've been waiting for the replacement for 8 weeks? It's just arrived and will be installed on Friday after this is all over, of course.

Any chance this will all get done by my fairy godmother if I crawl upstairs for a nap? Is there a chance I've just written this long post b/c I'm a big ol' procrastinator. Definitely.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County