SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_drury

Help coordinating floor & shower tile w/ Venetian Gold granite counter

Kristin
3 years ago

We purchased this house in January...due to Covid we were finally able to move into it in June! We noticed a foul odor in the master bath....and quickly learned that the shower was leaking into the crawl space and there was mold present. So... we are currently in the planning process of the renovation.

We’ve decided to create a wet room. The wet room wall will start at the edge of the counter and run across to the far right (basically connecting the tub and shower area). The trim, doors, and vanity are all painted SW decorator white (SW 7559) which I am not crazy about because it leans toward the yellow hues AND it’s THROUGHOUT the ENTIRE house.

We are removing:

bathtub

shower

large sheet mirrors above sinks- w

ill use 2 decorative mirrors instead

light fixtures above mirrors- will use sconces beside new decorative mirrors

window (with blind closed in posted photo) to be bricked in (to hide plumbing for 2nd shower head)

paint color will change. I have SW Modern Gray (SW 7662) throughout the house. Our connected bedroom is painted with SW Tempe Star (SW 6229) and the carpet that will meet up with the floor tile will be Shaw Free Spirited in Tahoe color.

hardware on will be updated and plan to mix metals throughout the bathroom

I’m in need of help finding a tile for the floor and the shower. I’m having a difficult time finding a tile that will go with the Venetian gold granite counter tops and also look good with the “decorator white” vanity, trim and doors. I am open to painting the vanity a different color as well.

This is not our forever home so I would prefer to be budget savvy/conscious as one can be with a bathroom remodel.

Comments (2)