SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msekfe

Need help w/countertop ideas to 'go' w/this HUGE fireplace! pics

msekfe
13 years ago

Our home is a 1978 EVERYTHING and we have been gutting and working since we moved in. We are at a point where we've picked out HW floors and are starting on the main areas (LR/DEN/KITCHEN) of the house w/demo and remodeling.

We've picked a natural hickory (pic below of it just laid out on our subfloor) HW flooring and we want a mocha glaze maple cabinet that will "go" w/the darker grains of the hickory. This fireplace is in the den which is 100% open w/the kitchen...so, I want a countertop that isn't busy (bc the floors have so much going on) but that will tie in w/the fireplace bc it is about the only thing we are keeping that is from the orig house.

We are meeting with the kitchen guy Mon so hopefully we can get some samples to put up to the fireplace.

I'm lost what directon to go w/the countertops though and wanted to see if anyone has any ideas. I love venetian gold granite w/the floors and cabinets.

This is a pic of the natural hickory in a kitchen...the cabinets we picked are about the color of this island...so, you get an idea of what the colors for the kitchen will look like.

Comments (5)