SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xyzw2020

Small Bathroom Remodel - feedback please!

A Green
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Have a small master bathroom. Currently I can not open the vanity cabinet without feeling practically already sitting on the toilet... Due to budget, I've decided to keep the existing floor plan and just refresh with a nice 4.5' (or 4') x 3' walk-in shower, new fixture, new tiles. However, through update, I want to make the room visually spacious, but still have storage. I have an enormous walk-in closet outside of the MB, so I guess storage might not be that critical.

Here's the details and I welcome all feedback. Thank you very much.

1) Remove the tub/shower combo. Replace with a nice walk-in shower: frameless glass (2 sides), low threshold, floor to ceiling tiles (light color), a niche on the shower wall. Shower size is 4.5' (or 4') x 3'.

2) Toilet will be floor mount (half-wall tile behind the toilet and 2 floating shelves above the toilet)

3) Vanity will be floating (I think it makes the small bath look bigger)

4) Storage will be this linen closet next to the shower, about 12" wide and 3' deep. I am thinking to make it a slide-out shelf with door. (attached inspiration picture). Not sure how much this one is going to cost. Ideas?

5) I am still not sure where to put the towel rack. Its current position is right next to the door. Untidy towels will be the first thing you see...but I don't know where else to put it.

6) Is there anyway I can replace the MB door with something that gives more real estate. Unfortunately, I can't have barn door. The MB door is sandwiched between master bedroom door and closet entryway. Very awkward... What about replace it with a bi-fold door?

Pictures:

1) Current bathroom layout, bathroom doorway and the walk-in closet outside

2) Design drawing (DH did it)

3) Linen closet idea

4) Tile Idea

5) Vanity Idea

Comments (14)