SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_530670498

Large brown spots in center of peperomia clusiifolia leaves

HU-530670498
3 years ago

I'd really appreciate any help at all to save my peperomia clusiifolia, Jelly! I've had her for two years now, she's the first plant I ever got that I didn't immediately kill so I'm super attached and don't want to lose her! Here are the facts:

• Water once per week, indirect light next to window
  • Last time repotted was probably November, with this Sphagnum Peat Moss potting mix
  • Large, brown spots started appearing in the middle of the leaves about two weeks ago. The first leaf just fell off today. The brown spots aren't like dry and crunchy, they're like soft
  • I noticed the sides of the leaves starting to curl inward around that time too--could there be a nutrient deficiency? I don't add miracle grow or anything when I water
  • A couple weeks ago I also noticed that the soil isn't drying out as fast as it used to--her pot also just feels heavier than my other plants around the same size. Could the soil be water logged or need to be aerated or something if that's a thing? Time to change the soil? Or is she too big for the pot and dying because she's cramped? I think it's a 7 inch pot.

Any help at all would be amazing! I tried looking online but her brown spots don't look like any other brown spots I've seen because it's just like one big spot in the middle and not a bunch of little spots all over.

Comment