SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoffse

Best washing machine for 2nd floor install

hoffse
3 years ago

Hello!

I have searched this topic, but many of the threads are years old.

Husband and I are about to embark on a remodel that will involve moving our laundry room upstairs (where all of our bedrooms are). We are going to convert a weird bonus room over our garage for the space. Right now, we plan to place the washer and dryer in a corner of the room that is on an exterior wall and bumped forward from the rest of the house. However, the bump out is only 7 feet deep, and the room abutting our garage is a dining room. I am concerned that vibration will travel more than the 7 feet and down the wall that is shared with the dining room. I don't want to damage our crystal or china.

The floor is solid, and we plan to put down a vibration mat. However, I would also like to get a washing machine that minimizes this to the extent reasonably possible.

Other features I would love to have are a sanitize cycle on either the washer or dryer and preferably a wifi/Alexa option to check on loads while downstairs. The second item is not strictly necessary though if not available. I am not picky about top loader vs. front loader. I have always had a top loader and generally like them, but I understand front loaders have a true hot wash. That being said, I have also read that front loaders are usually not recommended for a second floor install. If it matters, I also live in the American south, where the high today is 95 degrees with high humidity. I do worry about mold/mildew with front loaders because this is a battle I am always fighting.

Any guidance you can provide will be most appreciated!

Comments (2)