SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_363869983

I don’t like you alabaster color...white cabinets look beige

Kat S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Alabaster -I dont like you. I know very mature. But the thing is we haven’t done any cosmetic projects to the house since moved in, husband wasn’t thrilled with the idea of painting oak cabinets and brown walls to begin with and took a lot of convincing and it was a lot of money to us.

I wanted white cabinets. Soft white but white. Alabaster was supposed to be it. Sampled it, researched., tested bunch of other colors, thought picked wisely.

Well it’s not white, it’s beige. That color is no where near white. And now it clashes with my new Greige painted walls (and kitchen is middle of the house, Agreable grey looks great everywhere else but not kitchen. Crisp white and grey wok, but not cream and gray). Also in the future I am wanting to redo countertops and backsplash- to white quarts and subway tile but Alabaster ruined that for me too as it will appear so dirty next to it. I picked the wrong white and so mad at myself. Well alabaster shouldn’t be called a white to begin with, that sucker is beige (notice how dark upper cabinets appear. I messed With lights, if daylight that walls start to flash blue and I cant do blue walls.)

So white kitchen I was looking forward to for a while is A beige kitchen. And i wanted nothing to do with yellow or beige.

last photo angle highlights how cream doesn’t match with grey wall and how stark white trim is in comparison

Comments (48)