SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyssa_barrett91

Monstera Deliciosa browning/yellowing on new growth- help!

Alyssa Barrett
3 years ago

I got an adult monstera deliciosa a few weeks ago and am trying very hard to keep it happy and healthy. When I received it it had one new leaf shooting out. It has since began to unfurl more, and today I noticed on one segment of the edge of the new leaf, it has begun to yellow and brown (feeling on the softer side, not crispy). It looks like one side of this leaf is more yellow and pale than the other. I've noticed some brown spots on the back side of this unhealthy looking patch as well as along the stem that none of the other stems seem to have. Any clue on what this could be, or if theres anything I should do? Thank you in advance!!

Plant info:
Has not been repot
Sitting in west facing window
Grow light on from 9am-12pm (working up to more time)
Watering when soil feels dry. I have been very careful to not overwater. So far, I have been watering every 1-2 weeks depending on when the soil feels ready.
Last time I watered was 7 days ago, and soil feels slightly moist today (is this not drying out fast enough?)
Haven't noticed any pests.
Have not fertilized in a few weeks after noticing green fertilizing balls (I'm guessing they're fertilizing balls?) in the soil when purchased

Comments (5)