Baking on Sunday -- Apple Pie

Martha Scott

I had too many apples so I made a pie for my neighbors -- Ina Garten's Deep Dish Apple Pie

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/deep-dish-apple-pie-recipe-2103535

SaveComment10Like4
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Martha Scott

And if you don't like one picture -- how about two? It showed it as a ? so assumed that the first picture wouldn't post -- I was wrong!

Save    
Sooz

Lovely times 2! You have one lucky neighbor!!!

1 Like Save     Thanked by Martha Scott
ediej1209 AL Zn 7

Oh my! Won't you be my neighbor?! That looks so good and I bet smelled divine while baking. Yum!! I'm sure it was much appreciated.

chloebud

Looks great, Martha! Yay for TWO apple pies!

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan

Looks wonderful!! Did you also use Ina's crust recipe? I usually use an all-butter pie crust, but the decorative crimp doesn't hold and I've been thinking of adding a bit of shortening to help with that. Such lucky neighbors you have!

Jasdip

I'll move, to be your neighbour, Martha!!

I make Ina's Apple Crostata when I want apple pie. I've made it for years, it's so easy! But once in a while a 2-crust pie fits the bill (and in my mind, the crust is the best part). I use her recipe for that too.

Martha Scott

Lovemycorgi -- No, I prefer my crust which is similar except I do use Crisco instead of butter -- I think it's a better crust.

1 Like Save    
Lars

I've never seen a copper bowl for a Kitchenaid mixer, but I imagine that it would be great for beating egg whites.

I agree that Crisco or lard makes a better crust than butter, although I do like the flavor of a butter or partially butter crust.

Martha Scott

I bought it years ago from a kitchen store in New York City. And yes, it is perfect for egg whites!!!!

Save    
chloebud

"I make Ina's Apple Crostata when I want apple pie."

Same with me, Jasdip. Easy and so good! I use Ina's all-butter crostata crust for pretty much any crostata I make. I love two-crust pies, too, and agree Ina's is great.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Martha Scott
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Apartment Life Warm Up Fall With an Apple Pie Party at Home
A pie enthusiast shares a recipe, ideas for pretty crusts, and tips on how she makes the most of her rental kitchen
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Pi Day + Pie Stuff = Yummy Fun
Add these tools and accessories to your baking arsenal and watch smiles multiply
Full Story
Decorating Guides Crisp, Fresh: Go for Green Apples
On the Walls or Au Natural, Green Apples Pack a Decorative Bite
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More